• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

They're all tough ... (charsibb post from TripleB)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  818
  • Days Won:  2

RIP, Charlie... 

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Rest In Peace.  Thoughts & prayers to his family. I too enjoyed his contributions to the Bulls family.   

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,671
  • Days Won:  108

Although he remembers meeting us prior to, we met him the night before the San Jose State game last year. He sat with us and spent most of the evening with him.  Typing this with tears in my eyes.  Didn't know him well but he was a really insightful, nice guy.  Cancer really does suck.  He will be missed.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  119
  • Days Won:  0

I'm mostly a lurker, have been since I joined in 2013. I have great respect for someone like charsibb who found time to contribute to a tight-knit community like TBP on such a consistent basis. If he was this passionate for the Bulls, charsibb was probably way more passionate for the things in life that really matter - family, friends, etc. 

RIP to Charlie and my sincerest condolences to those fortunate enough to share their lives with him.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  2,324
  • Content Count:  21,267
  • Days Won:  10

13 hours ago, Triple B said:

... but this one's a little tougher having met Charlie (charsibb) for the first time last December, and then had a blast watching our latest defense of that Vulcan trophy with him.

Charlie PM'd me in July that he was going in for surgery on a huge tumor in the groin area and wasn't sure he was coming out then. He was setting me up at that time for notifying the board and the spreading of a portion of his ashes in the Bull fountain on campus. He came thru but was pretty certain he wouldn't see Christmas.

Got the call last Thursday from him saying his vital organs were shutting down and he probably wouldn't make it thru the weekend. He sounded awesome (said it was the Percocet) and we had a great 20 minute conversation .... but it was also one of the most surreal, most uplifting and most depressing conversations that I've ever had, triggering a flood of emotions when I hung up. His nephew's email arrived this afternoon.

Terrible news.  I meet Charlie at the Birmingham Bowl party and thought what a nice guy.   I am so sad today, we have lost a great Bull.    I am at a loss for words on how much of an impact he had on this board and on my thinking about things.  

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

Always enjoyed his wit. RIP brother!

• Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

Sad stuff.  I remember sparring in the Mad Cow with him for years.  Rest in Peace brother...

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Wow. Charlie's been a big part of this board for a long time. RIP fellow Bull.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Charlie crashed outside of my duplex for two days in Scottsdale, Arizona, in 2010. My roommate (Jorge - a former USF student) and I offered him a couch to crash on, however he was content staying in the VW that he customized for his road trips. We hit a local bar and talked everything Bulls as well as Charlie's eclectic lifestyle on the road. If I recall correctly, he was on his way to teach as an adjunct at Marymount University where my oldest brother Tim had graduated from college. He was a sincere individual that loved USF and truly cared about people and their well being (and he made great conversation).

Take care Charlie until we meet again... and thanks for the password to the MadCow board that you sent me in 2017. Sorry I wasn't able to do better on my end to keep in touch with you in your final days... Godspeed.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Terribly sad news.  Met him for the first time at the happy four before the San Jose State game last year.  Rest In Peace Charlie.  I hate cancer!