• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OCS Profitable for CSU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

5 minutes ago, BayIslandBull said:

There are dozens of fans there for game #1 ...

giphy.gif 

You mean a OCS does't guarantee sell outs? 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

28 minutes ago, BayIslandBull said:

There are dozens of fans there for game #1 ...

Yet still more than our games...

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yet still more than our games...

Announced or actual?

• Haha 1

Just now, BayIslandBull said:

Announced or actual?

Well played! But unless my eyesight is really off it is actual. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8
  • Days Won:  0

USF should get a refund on that study put together for its OCS. I'm an FSU alum, but have always kept tabs on USF being from Tampa, and now going to USF for grad school... so this is a bit of an outsider's perspective of someone now rooting for USF.

No one goes to college football games for seat backs, cup holders, large jumbotrons, or whatever other luxuries Ray Jay offers. Do you know how many games I would go back up to Tallahassee for if FSU had a um type arrangement? Many fewer than I do now. Doak Campbell isn't nearly as nice, feature rich, comfortable, etc as Raymond James or Seminole Hard Rock Stadium -- and yet it couldn't be more perfect. When I go back up for FSU games, it feels like I'm back home. There's no better way to connect with your alma mater than returning to your campus, hitting up old favorite spots around campus, tailgating, and then going to the game at a stadium you used to walk to from your dorm room. When you go to a football game at Ray Jay, what connection is there to the University other than the logo on the helmet? This is what separates the college football experience from the pros. Going to a college football game is about much more than the football game.

Also, you need to get students to go to games in the first place so they'll have that burning desire to come back. I got an email from USF last week -- average student attendance was 4,000 last year... and it seemed like they were bragging about this! For the best team in USF history and a team contending for a conference championship and NY6 bowl game. This number instantly doubles with even a UCF quality OCS (sorry -- fighting words I know).The problem described above is exacerbated when alumni never even went to games as students.

Edited by LifeLongTampan
  • Upvote 4

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

Well said LifeLong. Totally in agreement with everything you said including that a CF type stadium would be just fine for us and GREATLY improve the game day experience for students and alums.

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

On 8/24/2018 at 11:27 AM, El_Toro_86 said:

This is ridiculous.  We don’t need an OCS.  It would be a complete waste of money.  We’re extremely lucky to be playing in a rented 2/3 empty NFL stadium with a pirate ship.  Oh, I forgot to mention that they’ve played an NCAA Chapionship game and Super Bowls on our home field.  How great is that?!?!  I mean seriously, what major college football program wouldn’t want to trade places with us.  You OCS guys are just absurd.

Name the P5 school that wants to switch.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

10 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Well played! But unless my eyesight is really off it is actual. 

Speaking of eyeballs on TV, looks like they are moving the TV cameras to the other side for our games so that the side with people in the seats will get a bit more airtime.  

20 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Speaking of eyeballs on TV, looks like they are moving the TV cameras to the other side for our games so that the side with people in the seats will get a bit more airtime.  

Wow that is great news if true.