• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OCS Profitable for CSU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

2 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

All I’m saying is that an OCS will enhance our resume if and when that time comes to make our pitch to get in to a P5 conference

Again, if a P5 conference tells us that we have to have an OCS to be considered, then we would build an OCS.

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

Just now, Apis Bull said:

Again, if a P5 conference tells us that we have to have an OCS to be considered, then we would build an OCS.

Right, and wouldn't the P5 conference want us to have the biggest stadium possible? 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, Apis Bull said:

Of course it matters.  If your annual debt is $2.0 million a year and you revenue minus expenses is $4.0 million a year, then your annual profit is $2.0 million. If your annual debt is $4.0 million a year, then you make no profit. 

What’s interesting is that their expenses came in way over budget and they still made a profit.  Some say it’s the first year, so naturally revenues will go down.  That’s possible, however, if they trim expenses, they still may make a profit.

1 hour ago, ArmyBull said:

I mean, I guess we can spin it any way we want.  But at the end of the day, if CSU can do it, I don’t want to hear all the reasons we cannot.  

It's not a spin, it's the reality.  Do we know how much in donations went to the construction of their stadium?  I may be able to buy a nicer car than someone else, you wouldn't say, "If he can do it, you should be able to also"

1 minute ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Right, and wouldn't the P5 conference want us to have the biggest stadium possible? 

And if they tell us to, we will

2 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

What’s interesting is that their expenses came in way over budget and they still made a profit.  Some say it’s the first year, so naturally revenues will go down.  That’s possible, however, if they trim expenses, they still may make a profit.

Do we know if those expenses include debt on the stadium or are they just operating expenses?

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

3 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

It's not a spin, it's the reality.  Do we know how much in donations went to the construction of their stadium?  I may be able to buy a nicer car than someone else, you wouldn't say, "If he can do it, you should be able to also"

And if they tell us to, we will

What I meant was, wouldn't they want us to stay in Ray Jay if all we can do is build something smaller? which by all accounts theres no way we can build something the big at this moment, or anytime soon.

Edited by BrassBulls12

1 minute ago, BrassBulls12 said:

What I meantwas that wouldn't they want us to stay in Ray Jay if all we can do is build something smaller? which by all accounts theirs no way we can build something the big at this moment. 

I'm not sure about that, but I'm sure that they would have some sort of minimum capacity, if they were mandating that we were to have one to be considered.

2 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

Do we know if those expenses include debt on the stadium or are they just operating expenses?

https://csurams.com/news/2018/8/8/general-csu-athletics-financial-report-to-csu-system-board-of-governors.aspx

Looks like operating expenses

UAB drops football, reinstates it and is building an OCS in a state where Alabama and Auburn suck up about 98% of the college football fans and USF is mired in feasibility studies and reasons why it can’t be built.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

3 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

Technically, debt repayments are not expenses (although interest payments on the debt are categorized as expenses).

Debt repayments are made on an after-tax basis and reduce the capital account, while interest payments are made on a pre-tax basis and reduce the taxable income account.