• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QB GAME...Want vs Think

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

27 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

If we had our guy there's no way BB would be looking at us. Also, if you have your guy and the 5 star's eligibility overlaps you're wasting a scholarship. If the race is still open I see the appeal but if Kean/Oladokun looked like a more accurate QF this move never even gets thought about. We probably try to shop for a another LB or OL with that scholly. 

Him not wanting to come here is a different story, but unless you have a very proven horse in that stable, then if a 5* QB wants to come to your school you take him.  I'd be upset as a fan if the coaching staff thought otherwise.  Unless that 5* QB has a 1* attitude and lots of baggage

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

6 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

To be fair to Wilcox I think it's quite a bit premature to talk about splitting time.  The transfer hasn't even produced at the college level while Wilcox has been productive and and a weapon while at USF.  

Career Receiving Statistics
Season GP REC YDS TD Long REC/G AVG/C AVG/G
Total 25 29 436 4 52 1.2 15.0 17.4
2016 13 12 278 2 52 0.9 23.2 21.4
2017 12 17 158 2 21 1.4 9.3 13.2

Nothing against Wilcox, but his production isn't really anything to write home about. Granted he hasn't exactly had the best thrower of the football to get it to him but I don't know that he has completely solidified the position if this kid is able to play. Now whether or not they are equal in blocking ability is yet to be seen but CCS will see that in practice and if this kid keeps making plays in practice, its gonna hard to keep him off the field. 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

51 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

To be fair to Wilcox I think it's quite a bit premature to talk about splitting time.  The transfer hasn't even produced at the college level while Wilcox has been productive and and a weapon while at USF.  

And a fumbler

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

13 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

And a fumbler

I was waiting for someone to say this.  

I will do my best not to think of that after the season starts, and give Wilcox a fresh slate.  Nobody was harder on Mitch than he was.  

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

Want: The best guy

Think: I think BB is the best guy, he wins the job.

Edited by Calibull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, GaUSFBull said:

I was waiting for someone to say this.  

I will do my best not to think of that after the season starts, and give Wilcox a fresh slate.  Nobody was harder on Mitch than he was.  

Mitch stated he put this behind him quickly. What he could not put behind him was when USF had the ball up by 6 with 7 min. left and Q overthrew him when he was wide open in the middle of the field. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Come on guys everyone knows that B.B. is only here to audition for a GA spot next year. He isn’t really interested in playing.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

Want: I really don’t know. I think each has a great skill set. 

Think: Barnett

I’m thinking Sherwin said that about Barnett to try and counteract what happened after TDS broke his suspension “news.” I think Kean is a great QB without a doubt, but I don’t see him being that much better than CO or BB. His argument was that he thinks Kean fits Gilbert’s offense better. That’s a head scratcher to me. 

Edited by OcalaBull2

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

6 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

And a fumbler

Thanks for being that guy. Saved me from it.

Wilcox has shown flashes but my two most vivid memories of him are the UCF fumble and his other fumble trying to get more inside the 5 yard line, can't remember which game that was.