• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QB GAME...Want vs Think

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,551
  • Days Won:  28

Want- Kean. When he committed 2 USF early, he said he did so that he can focus on winning a state championship....you know what, he backed up his words. He has the heart to go with his talent. Plus Ive been predicting he is our savior since day 1 and simply want my prediction to really happen lol 

Think - BB, its just a weird feeling I have.

Know- Chris O has 3 years left, so this team is his in 2020. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

2 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

Yeah, that really doesn't happen.

The coaches weren't blown away in the spring and Kean had the suspension hanging over him so they went out and added talent to the most important position room.  There's nothing greater at play here.   If either of the two guys lit it up in the spring I doubt the coaches would have been transfer shopping for a QB.   One of 3 things is most likely going to happen:

1.   The light bulb has went off for Barnett and he plays up to his high school accolades and this move looks genius 
  2.   Barnett being added Pushes one of either Kean or Oladokun to take the next step and become the man.   The Barnett move is forgotten.
  3. None of these guys are the difference maker we need and we have to lean on the running game even more  but without QF to work his magic when that is shut down.   It's a very long season...... 

I think if you have a shot at a 5 Star QB you take it regardless.  And as I've said before, the step down in competition should help him

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Want - Winner

Think - Positive 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

4 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

I think if you have a shot at a 5 Star QB you take it regardless.

This, regardless on how you feel about the other guys.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Want:  CO

Think: BB

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

1 hour ago, chapelbull said:

I think if you have a shot at a 5 Star QB you take it regardless.  And as I've said before, the step down in competition should help him

If we had our guy there's no way BB would be looking at us. Also, if you have your guy and the 5 star's eligibility overlaps you're wasting a scholarship. If the race is still open I see the appeal but if Kean/Oladokun looked like a more accurate QF this move never even gets thought about. We probably try to shop for a another LB or OL with that scholly. 

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  307
  • Days Won:  1

8 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

If we had our guy there's no way BB would be looking at us. Also, if you have your guy and the 5 star's eligibility overlaps you're wasting a scholarship. If the race is still open I see the appeal but if Kean/Oladokun looked like a more accurate QF this move never even gets thought about. We probably try to shop for a another LB or OL with that scholly. 

You never turn away talent from your football team and it's not like BB is watching practice film on CO and BK and therefor knows they aren't going to be the guy before he decides to come here. He came here because he got sold he would have a chance to start. I'm not saying that isn't true, but all of recruiting is a sales pitch with false promises. 

We still have open scholarships I believe and who's to say we weren't out there shopping for LB or OL behind the scenes as well and they decided to go elsewhere. Who knew we were recruiting the TE from Ole Miss? Does that mean Wilcox isn't going to play anymore if he gets eligible immediately? No it just means you always welcome talent and competition. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BucsandBulls said:

You never turn away talent from your football team and it's not like BB is watching practice film on CO and BK and therefor knows they aren't going to be the guy before he decides to come here. He came here because he got sold he would have a chance to start. I'm not saying that isn't true, but all of recruiting is a sales pitch with false promises. 

We still have open scholarships I believe and who's to say we weren't out there shopping for LB or OL behind the scenes as well and they decided to go elsewhere. Who knew we were recruiting the TE from Ole Miss? Does that mean Wilcox isn't going to play anymore if he gets eligible immediately? No it just means you always welcome talent and competition. 

You can play more than 1 TE at a time and their eligibility doesn't perfectly overlap. Also lol @ comparing how you handle the TE position to QB. If you have your guy you don't sell BB on being able to compete. There's no realistic reward for taking a guy like BB if you for sure have your guy. 

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

4 minutes ago, BucsandBulls said:

More than likely they will split time and we could use a lot of two TE sets. 

6 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

More than likely they will split time and we could use a lot of two TE sets. 

To be fair to Wilcox I think it's quite a bit premature to talk about splitting time.  The transfer hasn't even produced at the college level while Wilcox has been productive and and a weapon while at USF.