• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QB GAME...Want vs Think

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  52
  • Days Won:  0

Since the biggest story line in camp is the quarterback battle, let's play a game. List who you want to win the job and also who you think will win the job. With camp being closed to public, we're all pretty much in the dark as far as how they're all actually looking. Now the original starter can easily play bad and get benched for the next guy in line, but this game is for the man who will start the season as QB1..... Unless one of you guys have somebody who's "in the know" with the program, it's all pretty much guesses and speculation, and it's all for fun.

Want: I'm a sucker for potential. If Barnett can start a game for Alabama then he obviously has an elite skill set. Transfers can either be big hits or big misses, but I just feel our ceiling is way higher with a good Barnett as opposed to a good Kean or a good Oladokun. But what do I know? Pick: Barnett

Think: I was originally thinking Barnett. The little we've heard from camp has been good and I figured the coaches wouldn't bring him in unless they thought they needed him. My second guess would have been Oladokun, followed by Kean. But then last night I was thrown for a loop. I saw on Twitter Colin Sherwin say he thinks Kean will win the job, based on something he heard from someone else. Now I know that's a lot of "he said, she said," but I know Colin knows a lot more people who are close to the program then I do, so his guess carries weight in my mind. Pick: Kean

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,463
  • Days Won:  25

Want - The one that can throw a bb up a gnats butt at twenty paces - Pick: Barnett

Think - CCS has a pretty good idea  -  Pick: Barnett

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Want: BB

Think: BB

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  307
  • Days Won:  1

Oladokun for both. Think he is the least likely to turn the ball over and play within the system. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Want and Think BB for both.

He had a 185.5 qb rating in limited action at Alabama as a spohmore and wasnt given a fair chance at Arizona.

Personally see CCS keeping it up in air and all of them play vs Elon so GTech has a tougher time planning for us. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Want- The best QB on the Roster 

Think-  I think it's a two horse race between Oladokun and Barnett.  I think Oladokun is more elusive and because of that he barely Edges out Barnett with a Kean just behind those two.  I think the scrimmages is where Oladokun will edge Barnett out of the battle because coaches are typically slower with the whistle which allows more elusive QB's with running ability to really shine by extending plays or picking up chunks on scrambles.  

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

BB on bith

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Chris O. on both accounts. Hopefully they just brought B.B. in to push him into the right form and maybe mentor him a bit.