• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QB GAME...Want vs Think

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

11 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

Chris O. on both accounts. Hopefully they just brought B.B. in to push him into the right form and maybe mentor him a bit.

Good lord I hope that is not the real reason they brought in B.B. when the kid was told he had a chance to actually win the position. Pretty bush league if that was the case. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

22 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

Chris O. on both accounts. Hopefully they just brought B.B. in to push him into the right form and maybe mentor him a bit.

9 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Good lord I hope that is not the real reason they brought in B.B. when the kid was told he had a chance to actually win the position. Pretty bush league if that was the case. 

I'm pretty sure you don't bring kids into "mentor" in college especially 2 time transfers.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

22 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

I'm pretty sure you don't bring kids into "mentor" in college especially 2 time transfers.

Yeah, that really doesn't happen.

The coaches weren't blown away in the spring and Kean had the suspension hanging over him so they went out and added talent to the most important position room.  There's nothing greater at play here.   If either of the two guys lit it up in the spring I doubt the coaches would have been transfer shopping for a QB.   One of 3 things is most likely going to happen:

1.   The light bulb has went off for Barnett and he plays up to his high school accolades and this move looks genius 
  2.   Barnett being added Pushes one of either Kean or Oladokun to take the next step and become the man.   The Barnett move is forgotten.
  3. None of these guys are the difference maker we need and we have to lean on the running game even more  but without QF to work his magic when that is shut down.   It's a very long season...... 

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,629
  • Days Won:  424

Think - Best QB on the roster

Want -  CO. Would be awesome for a Tampa kid to take us to places we've never been before.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

I find it hard to believe Kean will ever start here unless there are injuries.  

I want to see both oladokun and Barnett in the Elon game.

But as many have said, Barnett was brought in for a reason.  I think he wins the job.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Want - Best QB on the roster

Think - Chris O.

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

I mentioned that CCS would go after a grad transfer at the end of the season and was banned from the stampede. lol 

Barnett will win the job because in all things considered, he highest upside. You are not in the hunt at bama as a rs fr if you are not a stud. This guy can throw it and run if needed. 

Kean and Ola will serve as clipboard holders to a guy that will pass for 4k this year. 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Want - Octavious Battle (just cause he’s got a cool name)

Think - Kyle Trina

All kidding aside, the coaches are gonna have to settle on 1 and 2 pretty soon.  Not enough significant reps for 3 QBs.  We were blessed to have witnessed the escability of QF (GOAT) for 3 years.  I can’t remember how many times he saved our bacon and kept the chains moving with his legs.   I just don’t know if any of the 3 come close to his elusiveness.  I hear CO may have the most elusiveness of the 3 and that may give him a leg up on the other 2.  

Want - Best QB on the roster with escability if things break down

Think - BB

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Want - Octavious Battle (just cause he’s got a cool name)

Think - Kyle Trina

All kidding aside, the coaches are gonna have to settle on 1 and 2 pretty soon.  Not enough significant reps for 3 QBs.  We were blessed to have witnessed the escability of QF (GOAT) for 3 years.  I can’t remember how many times he saved our bacon and kept the chains moving with his legs.   I just don’t know if any of the 3 come close to his elusiveness.  I hear CO may have the most elusiveness of the 3 and that may give him a leg up on the other 2.  

Want - Best QB on the roster with escability if things break down

Think - BB

Don’t know if we need someone who can move around like QF if we have a QB who can make the throws that QF could not. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Want: don't have a horse in this race, so whoever can help us win

Think: Barnett, since CCS recruited him.