• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mi'Cario Stanley, off the rosters

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

2 hours ago, JTrue said:

I guess I' more defending the idea that this is some sort of anomaly. We have a player who is knee-deep in competing for the starting QB position and he's currently academically ineligible. I think that counts as fairly big news for the off-season. I also don't think Nathan did anything wrong in reporting it, as any other person covering a college football team would when presented with this sort of information. He confirmed it with 4 sources, including the player himself. I'm equally as baffled in regards to why him reporting it is a thing. There isn't a football program in the country who's writers/bloggers wouldn't publish this kind of story if they came across the information.

I agree with you... I'm still trying to figure out what was wrong with the reporting.  It's not the first time we've had a guy academically ineligible and it was reported previous times. 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Like I have said before the only thing missing from the 1st news drop is something about pending appeal. To me other than that he is good because right now Kean is suspended. 

And in my book that makes him out of the starting QB competition.  

Too bad Stanley couldn't make it. 

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

9 hours ago, JTrue said:

I guess I' more defending the idea that this is some sort of anomaly. We have a player who is knee-deep in competing for the starting QB position and he's currently academically ineligible. I think that counts as fairly big news for the off-season. I also don't think Nathan did anything wrong in reporting it, as any other person covering a college football team would when presented with this sort of information. He confirmed it with 4 sources, including the player himself. I'm equally as baffled in regards to why him reporting it is a thing. There isn't a football program in the country who's writers/bloggers wouldn't publish this kind of story if they came across the information.

I thought we cleared this up. His major transgression is that he never played the sport he's covering, therefore, he's not qualified to be a journalist in this particular area. He should stick to covering journalism.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, George Jenkins said:

I thought we cleared this up. His major transgression is that he never played the sport he's covering, therefore, he's not qualified to be a journalist in this particular area. He should stick to covering journalism.

Haha... I never did hear his clarification on that. Good thing he lettered in 14 sports back in the day, otherwise, his website is going to be lacking in some Bulls coverage. And he better have some women on his payroll, because softball is a totally different sport.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 hour ago, George Jenkins said:

Boom!

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,520
  • Days Won:  28

I wish Mi'Cario Stanley the best in his endeavors. I like a lot of freshman talent coming in at D-Line, so I don't mind if some of them see the field early. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  66
  • Days Won:  0

20 hours ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Not real big news but.....

Who ate the other 3?

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

16 minutes ago, 05 Bull said:

Who ate the other 3?

2 of them never made it on campus, so kind of misleading since they were never with the team.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Make room for better players 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Sort of off topic.  Are we changing to a 3-4 defense this year?  I notice Reeves and Black now listed as a LB and Bronson a DE.  If so, we’re gonna need some of the true freshman to step up in a hurry.

Edited by El_Toro_86