• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mi'Cario Stanley, off the rosters

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

Not sure....But I definitely have a typo in the title of the thread. Could a Mod change the title from Mi'Carlo to Mi'Cario?.....We can throw in an "allegedly", if needed, as well.  

Edited by BrassBulls12

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

If he couldn't beat out last years starting LBs, then he wasn't very good 

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

The reports I saw was that he had grown to big to play LB and got shuffled out of the mix at DL. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

How many sources confirmed this? Did anyone talk to Stanley? Is this report disputed by anyone? Shouldn't we wait until the beginning of the season to know if this is legit?

Confirmation ..... See how that works?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

Confirmation ..... See how that works?

So all we need for this Kean situation to be confirmed is USF breaking the law to comment on the academics of a student at the university. That shouldn't be too difficult.

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, JTrue said:

So all we need for this Kean situation to be confirmed is USF breaking the law to comment on the academics of a student at the university. That shouldn't be too difficult.

Fair point on the  USF confirmation part ........... but still don't understand why you're so adamantly defending the ******** journalism embodied in that Breaking article ..... or maybe I'm the one that doesn't understand what people expect from journalism these days.

Edited by Triple B
  • Like 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

Fair point on the confirmation part ........... but still don't understand why you're so adamantly defending the ******** journalism embodied in that Breaking article ..... or maybe I'm the one that doesn't understand what people expect from journalism these days.

I guess I' more defending the idea that this is some sort of anomaly. We have a player who is knee-deep in competing for the starting QB position and he's currently academically ineligible. I think that counts as fairly big news for the off-season. I also don't think Nathan did anything wrong in reporting it, as any other person covering a college football team would when presented with this sort of information. He confirmed it with 4 sources, including the player himself. I'm equally as baffled in regards to why him reporting it is a thing. There isn't a football program in the country who's writers/bloggers wouldn't publish this kind of story if they came across the information.

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I guess I' more defending the idea that this is some sort of anomaly. We have a player who is knee-deep in competing for the starting QB position and he's currently academically ineligible. I think that counts as fairly big news for the off-season. I also don't think Nathan did anything wrong in reporting it, as any other person covering a college football team would when presented with this sort of information. He confirmed it with 4 sources, including the player himself. I'm equally as baffled in regards to why him reporting it is a thing. There isn't a football program in the country who's writers/bloggers wouldn't publish this kind of story if they came across the information.

He didn't confirm it with the player himself before going with it. If he had, and had his second story as his Breaking one, we wouldn't be having this conversation. I'm not saying the story isn't worthy of reporting, I'm saying if you're going to report on this particular situation, get as many details as you can before invading the privacy of a student athlete. There was absolutely no reason for publishing that after only an hour of investigating, especially without trying to reach out to Kean. It was the pervasive "get it first" mentality, due diligence be damned.

Edited by Triple B