• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I wonder who this is directed at?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Offer cheaper season tickets ($50) for first time buyers then jack up the price in year two. Measure the sign up percentage for the first timers and evaluate if the loss is made up in year two by new regulars. We HAVE to do something to get the new fan to the game. A temporary intro offer is done all the time in business and should be done here. I also support freebie night for certain segments (teachers, coaches, police, etc.) for some games using the same concept.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, BrassBulls12 said:

So who says it has to be the same seats? Where did you get info from? I’ll give you a hint, no where because this all hypothetical. USF really doesn’t (or shouldn’t) care about gate money because the real money in TV deals, and TV companies want to seat stadiums full. So taking less money at the gate to get people in could lead to greater revenue through bigger TV deals. 

It’s not hypothetical look on the map, are you opening the upper level to then pay more than the money earned for the seats? If not it’s the same seats I really don’t understand how that can even be argued. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

16 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Build the OCS!

Yup! The best way to bankrupt the program, PDQ.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,464
  • Days Won:  19

2 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Those seem to be operated because parking for OCSs is quite limited, which is not the case for USF at RJS.   

Didn’t USF cut back on the student bus service to RJS, because of lack of interest?  What make you think park and ride for USF at RJS games will produce a significant attendance increase from the public?

Student Government runs the buses for the students, and the scheduling changes based on expected demand and budget. It goes up and down every year as ridership changes. 

Comparing us to UF and FSU is silly, but you started that, not me. A better comparison would be UM, Pitt or someone similar. 

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Offer cheaper season tickets ($50) for first time buyers then jack up the price in year two. Measure the sign up percentage for the first timers and evaluate if the loss is made up in year two by new regulars. We HAVE to do something to get the new fan to the game. A temporary intro offer is done all the time in business and should be done here. I also support freebie night for certain segments (teachers, coaches, police, etc.) for some games using the same concept.

I like idea one it’s a sound business model. Idea two has been tried over and over and is a path to nowhere, I would venture to say we have acquired close to zero full time full paying customers from these garbage give away nights.

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

If USF’s plan is to find a way to bring in new fans by not spending anymore money. Then we all need to stop because it’s never gonna happen. It’s not like people are just wake up one day and say you know what I should be a better fan and go to the games. That’s just deliusional. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

7 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

So who says it has to be the same seats? Where did you get info from? I’ll give you a hint, no where because this all hypothetical. USF really doesn’t (or shouldn’t) care about gate money because the real money in TV deals, and TV companies want to seat stadiums full. So taking less money at the gate to get people in could lead to greater revenue through bigger TV deals. 

If TV really cared about butts in the stadium, why have they created also-ran bowl games, which play to sparse crowds.   

1 minute ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

If TV really cared about butts in the stadium, why have they created also-ran bowl games, which play to sparse crowds.   

Because people will watch a bowl game just because it has the word bowl in the name 

1 minute ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Because people will watch a bowl game just because it has the word bowl in the name 

Change our name from bulls to bowls, proffit. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Also the big time expansion of bowls is still in its relative infancy. In five years they could have eliminated some of these pointless bowls. But there is also sponsorship revenue attached to bowls so TV isn’t as big of a deal for them.