• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I wonder who this is directed at?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,600
  • Days Won:  424

2 hours ago, Joe said:

Greg used to report these same numbers, no one batted an eye.

Joey does it, everyone flips.

If you think GA used those actual attendance figures the same way JK does you're kidding yourself ...

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,600
  • Days Won:  424

9 hours ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

The program hasn’t exactly been something to write home about during his tenure.

Forget the last 3 years and you've done another masterful job of analyzing the situation ....

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

12 minutes ago, footnfan1 said:

The Thank You Fans offer seemed pretty generic, but I get it. If pricing for families is really an issue, why don't they just sell offer up 2-3000 per game at $ 10.00 each? The team to the east has a program, 2 adults, 2 kids. 299.00. These packages sell pretty well. That's about 11.00 per seat per game. 

Yeah I didn’t quite understand the thank you fans deal. I am assuming they are just picking a section and selling it at 15 bucks but that still only helps that one game. 

The 299 deal is a better deal for families by far. You have to get ticket prices around 10 bucks a pop to reallly help them out. 

36 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I haven't been active on this board long, but I'm still trying to figure you out.

I’m with you on that one. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

1 minute ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Yeah I didn’t quite understand the thank you fans deal. I am assuming they are just picking a section and selling it at 15 bucks but that still only helps that one game. 

The 299 deal is a better deal for families by far. You have to get ticket prices around 10 bucks a pop to reallly help them out. 

I have never understood why schools don't sell a bunch of 5.00 tickets to families. The game is scheduled, all your fixed costs are covered ( I am assuming) adding in another 5,000 paying fans, even at cheap rates  only helps to sell drinks, popcorn  etc.

Just now, footnfan1 said:

I have never understood why schools don't sell a bunch of 5.00 tickets to families. The game is scheduled, all your fixed costs are covered ( I am assuming) adding in another 5,000 paying fans, even at cheap rates  only helps to sell drinks, popcorn  etc.

Exactly. How many kids are just going to sit there and watch the game? 

I don’t have kids but I’m assuming they would want at least a hot dog and coke. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

43 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

I will point out two elephants in the room:

1. Building on OCS will not magically solve our attendance problems. 

2. The Rays moving to Tampa will not magically solve their attendance problems. 

I think both USF and the Rays use those things as a crutch too often. Both those moves will help attendance, but there are many more components. How about viable mass transit, when we talk about the hassle of driving and paying to park at sporting events, how could clean, safe, efficient, affordable mass transit impact that.

I grew up in South Florida, going to Canes football games in the Orange Bowl, we had season tickets for a couple years. Anyone care to guess how many times my dad drove us to the Orange Bowl - 0. We would drive to park and ride, free parking, $5 bus round trip. Why isn't there options like that in Tampa? 

Are mass transit options available for Gator and Seminole 🏈 games? 

Edited by NAS Gone to Paradise

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

20 hours ago, Azmodi said:

He succeeded in getting me to cancel my subscription long ago.

Ditto ↑  

9 hours ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

The program hasn’t exactly been something to write home about during his tenure.

10 win seasons, I thin is something to write home about. ↑

39 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

I will point out two elephants in the room:

1. Building on OCS will not magically solve our attendance problems. 

2. The Rays moving to Tampa will not magically solve their attendance problems. 

I think both USF and the Rays use those things as a crutch too often. Both those moves will help attendance, but there are many more components. How about viable mass transit, when we talk about the hassle of driving and paying to park at sporting events, how could clean, safe, efficient, affordable mass transit impact that.

I grew up in South Florida, going to Canes football games in the Orange Bowl, we had season tickets for a couple years. Anyone care to guess how many times my dad drove us to the Orange Bowl - 0. We would drive to park and ride, free parking, $5 bus round trip. Why isn't there options like that in Tampa? 

Serious question. Is that, and other legitimate ideas, ever discussed in athletics meetings? Is there  a meeting where a fan could just show up and at least initiate some ideas?

2 minutes ago, footnfan1 said:

That would only work on a season ticket type deal. Otherwise you'll have a bunch of people just waiting to buy a $5 ticket just to get in the gate.

4 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Are mass transit options available for Gator and Seminole 🏈 games? 

No, but they are biggest sports draw in both of those towns. (W/O gator athletics G-villie is a cow town). Both schools are also much more established.

Sooooo apples and oranges. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

11 minutes ago, footnfan1 said:

Because it devalues your product and no one wants to now pay $100 for your ticket when so many people are paying $5 especially when we don’t even have the upper level open so there isn’t as big of a gap in the product. Also we make zero dollars on any food, drinks or popcorn so pretty much we just take their $5 and hand it to he glazers so that now there is someone there to maybe give them more money and for all that we get a devalued product and a person that will never pay sticker price for our ticket, pass.

• Upvote 1