• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I wonder who this is directed at?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

Edited by BrassBulls12

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

I'll take a guess

4 minutes ago, Brad said:

I'll take a guess

Ahh. I didn’t see that one. I was thinking maybe JK was more in tuned to what was said on here than I thought. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Some others piled on, too.

It's amazing that he compares attendance to non-TV, fireworks included local minor league games where the cost of admission is probably $10, to the televised MLB Miami Marlins game.  One game of the year, it's a sellout opportunity.

It's not "news" that average families cannot afford to attend many "big time" sporting events including MLB and NCAA football - it's better to watch on TV.  

He can't understand that the disconnect is Television/Cost - not pure fan apathy (which he seems to thrive on).  And it always brings me to reader apathy for the TBT and newspapers in general.  Unless you're a certain segment of the political spectrum or an old hand like my dad, you've pretty much dumped papers by now.

Going to games is based on discretionary income.  Only those that have enough DI can attend.  Most of them attend when a team is winning, not losers like Miami - they remain fans (some do) and catch it on TV.

TV is where the money is made Joey.  It's been speculated before and written on by few of your colleagues - there may one day come a time where teams play without live fans.  Economics, baby.  Made for Television.  

Ok, my coffee fueled tirade is over.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Better yet what are the numbers on people actually reading the paper and not just having it delivered to their office because they haven’t got around to cancelling and getting it on Sunday’s because someone clips coupons. It’s funny someone who is clearly in a dying industry fixates on one that’s seen better days but isn’t dying, it’s pretty common human nature.

Yeah I think total cost of attending a NCAA or pro game is overlooked by JK. Especially when trying to bring a family. After fees and taxes it’s hard to find a ticket for less than 20 bucks out the door. And that’s not including anything other than admission. A family of 4 is 100 deep just to sit in the nose bleeds with no food or drink. 

7 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Yeah I think total cost of attending a NCAA or pro game is overlooked by JK. Especially when trying to bring a family. After fees and taxes it’s hard to find a ticket for less than 20 bucks out the door. And that’s not including anything other than admission. A family of 4 is 100 deep just to sit in the nose bleeds with no food or drink. 

It’s intentionally overlooked by him since it doesn’t fit the story he is trying to create.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,519
  • Days Won:  28

Having fans fill up seats at a sporting event is important. It' s his job to bring stuff like that to attention. 

7 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Having fans fill up seats at a sporting event is important. It' s his job to bring stuff like that to attention. 

How is it only important for him? Granted it’s information only available to him but it’s a major assumption that anyone else would feel it was important to keep reporting because at current the group of reporters reporting on their college teams butts in seats is made up of one person and it’s the knight.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

7 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

It's his job to be unbiased, he isn't. He continually bashes USF's attendance without comparing it to reported and butts in seats from other schools. He further refuses to admit that USF is one of only a handfull of division 1 teams that report actual attendance.

• Upvote 1