• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I wonder who this is directed at?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,464
  • Days Won:  19

10 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Are mass transit options available for Gator and Seminole 🏈 games? 

Yes!

Gators https://floridagators.com/sports/2015/12/10/_facilities_shuttles_.aspx 

Seminoles http://www.talgov.com/starmetro/starmetro-spirit-express.aspx 

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

6 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Because it devalues your product and no one wants to now pay $100 for your ticket when so many people are paying $5 especially when we don’t even have the upper level open so there isn’t as big of a gap in the product. Also we make zero dollars on any food, drinks or popcorn so pretty much we just take their $5 and hand it to he glazers so that now there is someone there to maybe give them more money and for all that we get a devalued product and a person that will never pay sticker price for our ticket, pass.

So the solution is to keep charging prices that people clearly won’t pay? I mean the definition on insanity comes to mind. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,602
  • Days Won:  424

22 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Are mass transit options available for Gator and Seminole 🏈 games? 

Yes ....

image.png.8e331ac48dd0ab22c3b052fac8243944.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

16 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Because it devalues your product and no one wants to now pay $100 for your ticket when so many people are paying $5 especially when we don’t even have the upper level open so there isn’t as big of a gap in the product. Also we make zero dollars on any food, drinks or popcorn so pretty much we just take their $5 and hand it to he glazers so that now there is someone there to maybe give them more money and for all that we get a devalued product and a person that will never pay sticker price for our ticket, pass.

Build the OCS!

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

7 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

So the solution is to keep charging prices that people clearly won’t pay? I mean the definition on insanity comes to mind. 

Let’s say we sell 25k tickets at $25 a piece, that’s $625k dollars. Let’s say we offer $5 tickets and 20% of the people paying the $25 decide f this I’m paying $5, that’s a loss of $100k that you now need to sell 20k more $5 tickets just to break even assuming there are no more costs. This type of business plan would be the definition of insanity. If you only have one product it can’t be a loss leader, “let’s lose money on every sale but we will make it up in volume”.

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Let’s say we sell 25k tickets at $25 a piece, that’s $625k dollars. Let’s say we offer $5 tickets and 20% of the people paying the $25 decide f this I’m paying $5, that’s a loss of $100k that you now need to sell 20k more $5 tickets just to break even assuming there are no more costs. This type of business plan would be the definition of insanity. If you only have one product it can’t be a loss leader, “let’s lose money on every sale but we will make it up in volume”.

If this theory works then why do people buy the 50 dollar tickets instead of the 25 dollar tickets? It’s seems business 101 to me. If a product isn’t selling, you have to lower the price. 

Edited by BrassBulls12
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

25 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

Those seem to be operated out of necessity, because parking for their OCSs is quite limited, which is not the case for USF at RJS.   

Didn’t USF cut back on the student bus service to RJS, because of lack of interest?  What make you think park and ride for USF at RJS games will produce a significant attendance increase from the public?

Edited by NAS Gone to Paradise

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

If this theory works then why do people buy the 50 dollar tickets instead of the 25 dollar tickets? It’s seems business 101 to me. If a product isn’t selling, you have to lower the price 

Because there is a precieved value difference between the $25 and the $50 tickets, where are the $5 seats going to be in relation to the $25 seats? I’ll give you a hint it’s the same seats, people will rather pay $20 less for the same product in the majority of cases. Also selling more doesn’t always make sense if it leads to less revenue than you make by selling less, if revenue stays the same it’s always better to sell less. I don’t think Hermès is sitting around worrying about the price points of Birkins because Michael Khors is selling more at its lower price point. 

Edited by puc86

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

Because there is a precieved value difference between the $25 and the $50 tickets, where are the $5 seats going to be in relation to the $25 seats? I’ll give you a hint it’s the same seats, people will rather pay $20 less for the same product in the majority of cases.

So who says it has to be the same seats? Where did you get info from? I’ll give you a hint, no where because this all hypothetical. USF really doesn’t (or shouldn’t) care about gate money because the real money in TV deals, and TV companies want to seat stadiums full. So taking less money at the gate to get people in could lead to greater revenue through bigger TV deals.