• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I wonder who this is directed at?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

10 minutes ago, Brad said:

My only question is, is it profitable?  Or like most mass transit, a loss to the taxpayers?

With that said, anyone want to get back on topic?  :)

Joey sucks??

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

I’ll just leave these right here:

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, TallyBull said:

I’ll just leave these right here:

You have this set up like a “wanted dead or alive” postoffice picture. 😂😂😂

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

You have this set up like a “wanted dead or alive” postoffice picture. 😂😂😂

Just fishing for honest assessments, not skulls and crossbones! 💀😂

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 hours ago, puc86 said:

I think the metro rail is top 10 in terms of use for mass trans in the nation and has something like over 20 million uses a year. The people mover is okay for downtown and if people aren’t laying on the tracks the tri rail system is pretty good at getting people between Dade, broward and palm beach. It may not be nyc but Miami definitely has the closest thing to mass transit in Florida and was an important part of attendance at orange bowl events.

Not even close to the top 10. You only looked at the WIkipedai site for heavy rail and forgot to add the cities that use light rail. If you put the two together, Miami is 20th and will soon be passed by Salt Lake City, Houston, and Phoenix. Miami definitely has the best public transit system in FL, but that's about like arguing over the toughest Muppet. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Not even close to the top 10. You only looked at the WIkipedai site for heavy rail and forgot to add the cities that use light rail. If you put the two together, Miami is 20th and will soon be passed by Salt Lake City, Houston, and Phoenix. Miami definitely has the best public transit system in FL, but that's about like arguing over the toughest Muppet. 

Never claimed it was amazing, just the best in Florida and was a necessary component to games at the Orange Bowl given the lack of much actual stadium parking. There are only so many cars that can fit in a little havana lawn and there are only so many lawns. But business insider recently ranked Miami 11th based on a lot of data points for whatever that is worth. http://www.businessinsider.com/cities-best-public-transportation-2017-6

Edited by puc86

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

25 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Never claimed it was amazing, just the best in Florida and was a necessary component to games at the Orange Bowl given the lack of much actual stadium parking. There are only so many cars that can fit in a little havana lawn and there are only so many lawns. 

As someone who went to many games when they were actually in the OB, I can claim with 100% accuracy public transit was neither necessary nor widely available to people going to games in the 1980s-1990s.

Also, the Metro is fine if you want to walk a mile to the stadium. And I'm not talking about a figurative mile. It is 0.96 miles to the nearest stop. Another reason why it was never necessary.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Funny thing is Greg did post actual attendance.  But he also reported the announced. Knight will go GAMES without reporting the announced. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, JTrue said:

As someone who went to many games when they were actually in the OB, I can claim with 100% accuracy public transit was neither necessary nor widely available to people going to games in the 1980s-1990s.

Also, the Metro is fine if you want to walk a mile to the stadium. And I'm not talking about a figurative mile. It is 0.96 miles to the nearest stop. Another reason why it was never necessary.

I was there too. My family lived in Kendall we drove to the stop by Dadeland and took the Metro Rail. Yes it was a mile but it was packed and many, not you, but many found it much easier to walk than to deal with the traffic and the lack of parking. 

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

7 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I was there too. My family lived in Kendall we drove to the stop by Dadeland and took the Metro Rail. Yes it was a mile but it was packed and many, not you, but many found it much easier to walk than to deal with the traffic and the lack of parking. 

From Kendall, why not catch the 52, 56, 72 or 88 bus to the Dadeland/ South Miami and or University Stations?

Pivoting, I think the 'Canes attendance in the 80s and 90s had a lot more to do with the four (at that time) national championships than the "serviceable" (to put it generously) public transportation system. Personally, I'm in favor of replicating that route to improve our attendace.