• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I wonder who this is directed at?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

7 minutes ago, George Jenkins said:

From Kendall, why not catch the 52, 56, 72 or 88 bus to the Dadeland/ South Miami and or University Stations?

Pivoting, I think the 'Canes attendance in the 80s and 90s had a lot more to do with the four (at that time) national championships than the "serviceable" (to put it generously) public transportation system. Personally, I'm in favor of replicating that route to improve our attendace.

The only public transit we ever used were the metro rail and the metro mover. No one ever claimed that public transit had anything to do with attendance. Someone earlier stated that they used it to go to the Miami games at the Orange Bowl and later someone else said that it was due to Miami's success. I simply pointed out that it was used by many that arent Jtrue because they did not like dealing with the lack of parking and the zoo that was little havana on game days. Ray Jay is a stadium not built 95 years ago and has ample parking it is not the same as the Orange Bowl in any regard (although you can still park in yards if you like)  other than it is not in Coral Gables just as Ray Jay is not in Temple Terrace.

Edited by puc86

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

2 hours ago, George Jenkins said:

Pivoting, I think the 'Canes attendance in the 80s and 90s had a lot more to do with the four (at that time) national championships than the "serviceable" (to put it generously) public transportation system. Personally, I'm in favor of replicating that route to improve our attendace.

I think many here think the route would be OCS, mass transit, greater attendance, P5...is needed to lead to National Championships.

3 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

Funny thing is Greg did post actual attendance.  But he also reported the announced. Knight will go GAMES without reporting the announced. 

If you attended games you know USF announced is total BS.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,600
  • Days Won:  424

8 hours ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

As are a lot of other schools' reported attendance. Is there a point there or just more you being you?

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Smarmy Joey Knight comments aside, I think we can all agree that our local support needs to step up.

The we're not in the Big East excuse has worn thin. We're behind several AAC schools in fb attendance and athletics donations. Micheal Kelly's presser gives me hope that he plans to address these issues.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Paisa el Toro said:

Smarmy Joey Knight comments aside, I think we can all agree that our local support needs to step up.

The we're not in the Big East excuse has worn thin. We're behind several AAC schools in fb attendance and athletics donations. Micheal Kelly's presser gives me hope that he plans to address these issues.

This! Time to focus on the REAL problem. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

10 hours ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

If you've ever attended a live sporting event, you know announced attendance is BS.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

2 hours ago, Paisa el Toro said:

Despite not liking the in stadium atmosphere I was going to buy season tickets.
Then my wife lost her job and we're dubious at her age she'll see employment again.

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

If you've ever attended a live sporting event, you know announced attendance is BS.

Calling it to attendance is BS...selling, giving away, or in anyway distributing tickets doesn’t fit the definition of attendance.  

By the way, I was at the Spring Game in Norman and  IMO announced was definately “in the ballpark” of actual.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

I'm not sure what his points are here because he darn well knows that.