• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I wonder who this is directed at?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

41 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

We are discussing attendance at this present moment. His job is done! Stories are suppose to bring about dialogue. Maybe it may inspire people to attend games in person. Maybe it may open the owners minds to lowering ticket prices, but his goal was to bring attention to the subject and he succeeded. 

Something tells me he’s seeing more of the negative than the positive side of it. I don’t know, maybe I’m just crazy. 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

15 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

We averaged over 30K without a single decent draw on the schedule.  I don't think the attendance is that bad.  You have to stop comparing our attendance to FSU, UF, Bama, UGA, etc. 

That’s the main issue that I think everyone has with this. I’m truly surprised he doesn’t post an actual attendance average at the end of the season. Our numbers don’t look nearly as bad when we use announced attendance, much like everyone else in the country.  He has an obsession with it and I don’t know how the Times hasn’t told him to tone it down. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

but his goal was to bring attention to the subject and he succeeded

His goal was to bring attention to Miami Marlins fans reading his twitter?  

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

If you don't like how one person in the media covers USF, then they have other reporters that offer different types of coverage for USF Football or simply don't click on his articles. 

It’s actually the inanity of his tweets that need to be avoided.  Not sure who actually clicks on his articles.  

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

It’s actually the inanity of his tweets that need to be avoided.  Not sure who actually clicks on his articles.  

If not for this message board I wouldn’t know he existed, it could be the biggest drawback of membership.

• Haha 1

I’ll check the censorship controls.  May be a way to improve.  😂

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Poor and falling attendance is the dirty secret of almost every program. We're just in the unenviable position of having the actual attendance reported and JK living for that number. Our tickets purchased are perfectly in line for the conference we are in. JK knows he is leading readers to compare apples and oranges when he reports USF actual attendance when no other CFB team gives out that number and that is disingenuous at best and unethical reporting at worst. Yes, Rays attendance is awful. That's hardly a story either.

As Brad said there will come a time when teams play in a small venue with no fans for solely tv revenue. There are very few sporting events where the positives of being there in person outweigh the negatives of being there in person for myself. That big tv that everyone owns now is a superior experience in most cases. No drunks, no belligerent misbehaving a-holes to ruin the experience except myself and in most cases a far superior viewing of the game.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

41 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Poor and falling attendance is the dirty secret of almost every program. We're just in the unenviable position of having the actual attendance reported and JK living for that number. Our tickets purchased are perfectly in line for the conference we are in. JK knows he is leading readers to compare apples and oranges when he reports USF actual attendance when no other CFB team gives out that number and that is disingenuous at best and unethical reporting at worst. Yes, Rays attendance is awful. That's hardly a story either.

As Brad said there will come a time when teams play in a small venue with no fans for solely tv revenue. There are very few sporting events where the positives of being there in person outweigh the negatives of being there in person for myself. That big tv that everyone owns now is a superior experience in most cases. No drunks, no belligerent misbehaving a-holes to ruin the experience except myself and in most cases a far superior viewing of the game.

I get that times may indeed be changing for attendance but whenever I see a P5 game on tv it is, with a few exceptions, sold out or well attended. We are not. We are a program that wants a P5 conference. Thus, this is a story as fan attendance is one metric. Now, is it the only one? Absolutely not. Is it an important one? yes...if you believe this is a reflection of our popularity and fandom. I believe it is important and our optics look terrible for home games. And don’t give me “we will get more people when we get to a better conference line” as that is not the way this is going to work. We need 38-40k for our games and we need it now. 

• Upvote 1

I would suggest most people that can make a difference are aware of the attendance.  If pal joey even faked like he meant well, it might be a whole ‘nother story.  

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  354
  • Content Count:  4,093
  • Days Won:  56

I think we can all pretty much agree that he is the weakest beat writer the program has ever had. He doesn't come anywhere near measuring up to guys like Greg Auman, Brett McMurphy or Joey Johnston.

• Upvote 1