• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Troy Holston Transferring

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  137
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Bourbon Bull said:

All that sounds nice but, the bolded part, I don't see a difference between last season and this coming season.  There will be mostly all new parts again.  Another season to gel and we can win 2 conference games at the end of next season.  I hope you're right but I think I'll keep the $1,200 for season tickets for another sport or donation.

We have a decent core of guys that have been with the team all of this season, some guys who had to sit out such as Rideau and Yetna, in addition to the guys who played Collins (superstar in the making), Justin Brown (good shooter and hard working), Scekic (very tall).  The newcomers, the 3 incoming signed plus the Croatian big and possibly one more signing will add extra depth and help round out the team. I think this team will have the talent to be pretty good, but whether or not they achieve all that they can will come down to their chemistry on the court and if Brian Gregory can continue to get these guys to be their best.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

On 4/4/2018 at 1:01 PM, bcgruber said:

Hope this opens up a spot for Rashawn Langston to rethink his decision since a space just opened up.

I think grades may be an issue there--stay tuned.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

1) this was the first season with a new coach in a total, floor up rebuild process

2) We didn’t see all the pieces, so although we are thin in the returning players department the guys that sat out last season should be better developed by next season

3) can we find a decent recruiter to fill these new schollies?

4) until we win my expectations for MBB will remain low, but I will stay apprised of their progress, mainly via you fine fellows. Anyone expecting the tourney or NIT next year may be disappointed. 2 conference games is pretty low bar, hopefully we can clear that.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

26 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

You can tell everyone on this board has become numb to MBB when a player transferring out is treated as the norm. This program is still a dumpster fire and don't see the last 12 months as a net positive. We committed 6 years to an average HC. Players continue to transfer out and the "huge" turnaround in conference was driven primarly by players no longer with the team. Collins showed growth over the back half of the year, but let's not let's not over-value that because it's the only bright spot.

Harlan's gotten off relatively free for how he has managed the program. When he bolts for a P5 program and a fan base who doesn't have such a low bar, he's not going to have the runway he has here. P5 schools expect results quick.

Other than hiring two good FB coaches, what has Harlan actually done? Very, very little....

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Other than hiring two good FB coaches, what has Harlan actually done? Very, very little....

1 hour ago, brybull1970 said:

He's done quite well on the Football front, especially since he is working from the G5. But in MBB he has crapped the bed and being outide of the P5 In basketball isn' the death sentence that it is in football.

He has no vision...even on the FB front. It was CCS who has had to push for the IPF. In terms of stadium there is just no momentum after a noncommittal announcement. He has done an ok job in scheduling but again could it be better? I certainly get he is at a G5 disadvantage but he has not distinguished himself out of the AAC ADs. Indeed he may be a little worse than some of them. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,403
  • Days Won:  5

The dude is a hack....but back on target We have another player transfering I think he was actually a walk on though so I don't think it opens a scholly

30 minutes ago, bcgruber said:

The dude is a hack....but back on target We have another player transfering I think he was actually a walk on though so I don't think it opens a scholly

Hope it’s a kicker...

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,510
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, Roaming Bull said:

1) this was the first season with a new coach in a total, floor up rebuild process

This is why ******** about MBB at this point is pretty nonsensical. xCOA was a bad hire looking with 20/20 hindsight but I put a lot of that on the one(s) who decided to fire Stan. Less than a week into a new job and Harlan's faced with having to scramble to fill a major vacancy ... and had to do it twice.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

I've felt like Harlan had 1 foot out the door since he got here.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

12 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

You can tell everyone on this board has become numb to MBB when a player transferring out is treated as the norm. This program is still a dumpster fire and don't see the last 12 months as a net positive. We committed 6 years to an average HC. Players continue to transfer out and the "huge" turnaround in conference was driven primarly by players no longer with the team. Collins showed growth over the back half of the year, but let's not let's not over-value that because it's the only bright spot.

Harlan's gotten off relatively free for how he has managed the program. When he bolts for a P5 program and a fan base who doesn't have such a low bar, he's not going to have the runway he has here. P5 schools expect results quick.

So you know something we don't?  There have been quite a few jobs open up and he's still here.  Maybe not by his choice, I'm sure he's always looking, but what P5 program wants him?