• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Troy Holston Transferring

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

The last scholarship athlete from the Antigua era is transferring. I enjoyed watching him play his freshman year before injuries caught him a couple times.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  126
  • Days Won:  0

After all he's been through (injuries, coaching changes, airport incident) I thought he would have been #1 on the list of players to jump ship.  Frankly I was surprised he lasted this long.  Still wish him the best.  Pretty cool that he'll still have 2 years to play.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

So with Martin transferring and now Holston....how many scholarships are available? 

Three.  We probably will sign at least one or two and save the third for next year.  We only have two scholarship seniors next year in Lang and Scekic.

Edited by bullballer
Misspelled name

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,671
  • Days Won:  108

So, the momentum built up with winning the last 2 regular season games is gone?

Not at all.  Holston had no impact on the team's success last season.  Martin played well at times but was by no means consistent.  He had the length of a PF/C but lacked the strength to be a consistent force down low both offensively and defensively.  Jiggetts departure leaves the biggest hole statistics wise.  LaQuincy should probably fill in nicely and we will actually have the luxury of a true PG to sub for him in talented true freshman Xavier Castaneda.  Not to mention Collins, who although only being a sophomore next year, was our grittiest player by the end of the season and who seemed to put the team on his shoulders.  We will have, again, a lot of new faces on the court next season, but we will have very close to a full roster.  We haven't had one of those for one reason or another since I can't remember.  And with that CBG will cultivate depth.  Seeing CBG develop the patchwork team he had this year gets me excited for what he will do next year.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

12 minutes ago, bullballer said:

Not at all.  Holston had no impact on the team's success last season.  Martin played well at times but was by no means consistent.  He had the length of a PF/C but lacked the strength to be a consistent force down low both offensively and defensively.  Jiggetts departure leaves the biggest hole statistics wise.  LaQuincy should probably fill in nicely and we will actually have the luxury of a true PG to sub for him in talented true freshman Xavier Castaneda.  Not to mention Collins, who although only being a sophomore next year, was our grittiest player by the end of the season and who seemed to put the team on his shoulders.  We will have, again, a lot of new faces on the court next season, but we will have very close to a full roster.  We haven't had one of those for one reason or another since I can't remember.  And with that CBG will cultivate depth.  Seeing CBG develop the patchwork team he had this year gets me excited for what he will do next year.

Thanks for the confidence boost. I don't like Martin's loss, but hopefully all the new faces won't take all year to gel.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

May Holston find a way to make it onto planes on time, without being left napping at the airport, at his next stop. :ph34r:

Edited by Paisa el Toro
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,403
  • Days Won:  5

Hope this opens up a spot for Rashawn Langston to rethink his decision since a space just opened up.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,671
  • Days Won:  108

3 hours ago, bullballer said:

All that sounds nice but, the bolded part, I don't see a difference between last season and this coming season.  There will be mostly all new parts again.  Another season to gel and we can win 2 conference games at the end of next season.  I hope you're right but I think I'll keep the $1,200 for season tickets for another sport or donation.