• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Happy Anniversary CCS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

My thoughts on CCS.

Having Richt, Taggert (Leavitt), Mullen, Butch Davis & Lane Kiffen all coaching in Florida we are going to need an excellent Florida recruiter who is in with Florida high School ties & reputation to keep us getting talented football players. CCS will keep the talented players coming to USF. IMO

If we brought in someone like (Kevin Sumlin) in with no Florida ties we could quickly fall behind in talented players.

CCS in game coaching & game planning drove me nuts this year. Making QF look ordinary until the UCiF game could / would drive one to drink heavily.

Hopefully next year will be better in year 2 of CCS system.

Ty

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  28

Happy Anniversary CCS. i'm going to roll with the Charlie train and %100 support the man. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,808
  • Days Won:  0

If he wins the conference and goes new years six then it is a success and its okay if he leaves.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

40 minutes ago, TyBull said:

My thoughts on CCS.

Having Richt, Taggert (Leavitt), Mullen, Butch Davis & Lane Kiffen all coaching in Florida we are going to need an excellent Florida recruiter who is in with Florida high School ties & reputation to keep us getting talented football players. CCS will keep the talented players coming to USF. IMO

If we brought in someone like (Kevin Sumlin) in with no Florida ties we could quickly fall behind in talented players.

CCS in game coaching & game planning drove me nuts this year. Making QF look ordinary until the UCiF game could / would drive one to drink heavily.

Hopefully next year will be better in year 2 of CCS system.

Ty

Kiffin is showing as only having two commits so far, which is a really low number at this point in the process. Not sure he's used to recruiting at this level?

Edited by USFBulls727

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Meh 

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

My thoughts are that if he does well enough to get picked for another opening, he/we will have had a darn good 2018. I don’t see it happening.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Nice podcast with about USF and the Birmingham Bowl

http://www.bcsnn.com/blog/253-aac-daily-strong-s-usf-bulls-prepare-to-go-bowling.html

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

5 hours ago, beastiebull said:

Was so pumped about this hire at the time now I am ambivalent just like he appears to be.

For me, I was expecting him and his mostly-Texas staff to just tweak the offense, improve the D, and run away with everything (not up the middle!). This was the basis of my excitement.

Well, he came in and implemented his style of football, which was fine and all. But that D never delivered (how many points to the gnats?).

So, scratch year 1.

Right now, we still don't know what he and his staff are capable of in terms of making USF better.

(1) Can they sign talent?

(2) Can their brand of football work with our guys (new and old) and win in this league? I just hope he doesn't go to the power game that Ca$h implemented the first two years at USF...

Clearly, his coaching stock around the country has plateaued. Otherwise, he would have had more looks at P5 coaching jobs.

Next season is a complete mystery to me.

All that said, he might be a very good coach for us. Right now, we just don't have enough data.

We only have our preseason expectations and the lump of coal that showed up under the tree.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

20 minutes ago, Flowers4Heisman said:

For me, I was expecting him and his mostly-Texas staff to just tweak the offense, improve the D, and run away with everything (not up the middle!). This was the basis of my excitement.

Well, he came in and implemented his style of football, which was fine and all. But that D never delivered (how many points to the gnats?).

So, scratch year 1.

Right now, we still don't know what he and his staff are capable of in terms of making USF better.

(1) Can they sign talent?

(2) Can their brand of football work with our guys (new and old) and win in this league? I just hope he doesn't go to the power game that Ca$h implemented the first two years at USF...

Clearly, his coaching stock around the country has plateaued. Otherwise, he would have had more looks at P5 coaching jobs.

Next season is a complete mystery to me.

All that said, he might be a very good coach for us. Right now, we just don't have enough data.

We only have our preseason expectations and the lump of coal that showed up under the tree.

Ya. I'm looking at the next season as a better calibration of what he can do. Yes, I feel he blew it with a loaded team but maybe he can put it together with his recruits.