• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Happy Anniversary CCS

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,717
  • Days Won:  109

Okay, I did some research and found this.  Maybe the memory isn't as bad as I remember.   https://www.thedailystampede.com/2016/12/15/13975574/charlie-strong-introductory-press-conference-tweetcap-usf-bulls-texas-mark-harlan-willie-taggart

Harlan told media today that Strong will be at the bowl game in his suite. He also said that there’s a $2.5 million retention bonus for Strong if he stays at USF for year three. That part of the deal wasn’t in the contract released on Wednesday.

The $2.5 million Strong retention bonus in Year 3 comes from athletic department-generated funds, not student fees, per @MarkHarlanUSF

Edited by Bourbon Bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

25 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Okay, I did some research and found this.  Maybe the memory isn't as bad as I remember.   https://www.thedailystampede.com/2016/12/15/13975574/charlie-strong-introductory-press-conference-tweetcap-usf-bulls-texas-mark-harlan-willie-taggart

Harlan told media today that Strong will be at the bowl game in his suite. He also said that there’s a $2.5 million retention bonus for Strong if he stays at USF for year three. That part of the deal wasn’t in the contract released on Wednesday.

The $2.5 million Strong retention bonus in Year 3 comes from athletic department-generated funds, not student fees, per @MarkHarlanUSF

Glad to see that in the contract. That may become an important factor going into year three. 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

39 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

So if he stays through year 3 he still makes 5M. Haircut is in year 4 then.  

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,471
  • Days Won:  25

11 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

He was to make 5M from Texas.  Texas gets 50% off his current USF salary (50% of 1M is 500k or 0.5M) so 5M-0.5M (Texas discoount) + 1M (USF Salary) = 5.5M .  Either way after this season that is a hefty pay cut.  

1 hour ago, Bourbon Bull said:

I just don't know how he will ever survive year 4.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

17 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

I just don't know how he will ever survive year 4.

I submit he will leave on his own before year four (due to success) before he would ever get sacked by USF. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,564
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I submit he will leave on his own before year four (due to success) before he would ever get sacked by USF. 

I don't know, in year 4 we play Texas. I think he would like to avenge the only team to ever fire him. 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

24 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I don't know, in year 4 we play Texas. I think he would like to avenge the only team to ever fire him. 

Beat Texas.

Get their coach fired.

Replace him.

Revenge is a dish best served cold. CCS is playing the long game!

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,564
  • Days Won:  28

21 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Beat Texas.

Get their coach fired.

Replace him.

Revenge is a dish best served cold. CCS is playing the long game!

The only schools i was worried about taking Charlie away was UF, UM or Arkansas and all three have new head coaches. I don't see any P5 school worthy of taking CCS away. So hopefully we have a stable coach at least until that year. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  0

I want to be optimistic about CCS, but the way our special teams and offense regressed this year has left a bad taste in my mouth. The fact that he couldn’t adjust his gameplan to match the talent on this roster is a poor coaching quality IMO. We had most of our team coming back, weak schedule, and he blew it. My hope is next year he has the players to play his system more but we aren’t going to have the talent for sure. Maybe the D is better and becomes the 02 Ravens or something.....