• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coaching Dominoes Are Starting To Fall

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

22 minutes ago, NJUSFBULL said:

Bill Snyder has yet to commit to coaching next year.  Leavitt has it in his Oregon contract that he can go to Kansas State without having to pay a buyout.  If he feels (or has been told) that K-State will move away from the Snyder's this year or next, he may not want to be like CWT and change schools every year.  Plus, FSU may not have been willing to give him the same clause in his contract.

The bolded portion is my bet.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,523
  • Days Won:  28

6 hours ago, Mama_Bull said:

Either way, if everybody signs who is currently committed, we should have the strongest interior defense in the conference for years to come.

Unlike this year, defensive depth should not be an issue.

Even though we lose many seniors on defenser, I think we will continue to see our defense improve, from year to year,

We probably would like to sign another CB and LB if possible, but otherwise I am thrilled by the defensive recruiting so far.

The 2 DTs we got last year are awesome. I predicted they would be. Its too much of a coincidence that we had two DT recruits named "Kelvin" lol Ive never even heard that name b4. Its fate. I dont see a drop off at the line after Senat goes to the NFL. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

2 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

The 2 DTs we got last year are awesome. I predicted they would be. Its too much of a coincidence that we had two DT recruits named "Kelvin" lol Ive never even heard that name b4. Its fate. I dont see a drop off at the line after Senat goes to the NFL. 

You should know the name Kelvin Benjamin, he destroyed your Gators 3-4 years ago. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,523
  • Days Won:  28

38 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

You should know the name Kelvin Benjamin, he destroyed your Gators 3-4 years ago. 

lol doesnt ring a bell. Ive blocked out some years. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  77
  • Content Count:  585
  • Days Won:  0

Still waiting on a DC....

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Dennis Dodd writes a brutal article on Snyder:

It's clear now more than ever that Bill Snyder is holding Kansas State hostage

Snyder wants his son to take over and is doing whatever he can to ensure that happens

...The head coach wants his son (Sean) to replace him. Never mind obvious concerns about nepotism and qualifications, the more Bill can back the administration into a corner, the better … for Bill. The vast majority of fans and administration don't want Sean -- for good reason. Sean has never managed a clock, recruited a class, called a play or … oh yeah, been a head coach.

After what Bill Snyder has built at Kansas State, the program deserves someone with experience.

We already know Snyder shot down a plan to bring in Oregon defensive coordinator Jim Leavitt as coach in 2018. Snyder did so over the wishes of his boss, K-State president Richard Myers.

That's beyond scary. It's dictatorial.

No coach should have that much power. Apparently Snyder does. If left unchecked, that power could ruin both his legacy and Kansas State football...

Read more at:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/its-clear-now-more-than-ever-bill-snyder-is-holding-kansas-state-hostage/

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,011
  • Days Won:  469

6 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

No coach should have that much power. Apparently Snyder does. If left unchecked, that power could ruin both his legacy and Kansas State football...

Sounds like he's the mythical most "powerful man in the building".

Maybe his AD will wet his pants and look for the perfect storm of a vulnerable youth and a vengeful terminated former reporter.  Sounds fun.

:popcorn:

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, Brad said:

Sounds like he's the mythical most "powerful man in the building".

Maybe his AD will wet his pants and look for the perfect storm of a vulnerable youth and a vengeful terminated former reporter.  Sounds fun.

:popcorn:

Where do you think Jim learned the phrase before bellowing it at Woolard while poping inflatable pink flamingos and tearing Erskins’ ligaments?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, Mama_Bull said:

Dennis Dodd writes a brutal article on Snyder:

It's clear now more than ever that Bill Snyder is holding Kansas State hostage

Snyder wants his son to take over and is doing whatever he can to ensure that happens

...The head coach wants his son (Sean) to replace him. Never mind obvious concerns about nepotism and qualifications, the more Bill can back the administration into a corner, the better … for Bill. The vast majority of fans and administration don't want Sean -- for good reason. Sean has never managed a clock, recruited a class, called a play or … oh yeah, been a head coach.

After what Bill Snyder has built at Kansas State, the program deserves someone with experience.

We already know Snyder shot down a plan to bring in Oregon defensive coordinator Jim Leavitt as coach in 2018. Snyder did so over the wishes of his boss, K-State president Richard Myers.

That's beyond scary. It's dictatorial.

Read more at:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/its-clear-now-more-than-ever-bill-snyder-is-holding-kansas-state-hostage/

They should just move on from him. I suspect there are some old time donors who want to honor Snyder with his demands. 

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

UPDATED 1/2/17: Snyder plans to return in 2018
K-StateOnline.com

https://kansasstate.rivals.com/news/sources-snyder-leaning-towards-returning-in-2018

Meanwhile, CJF and family take the polar bear plunge. LOL