• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coaching Dominoes Are Starting To Fall

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

I nominate Coach Woodie for FSU DC!

Edited by usf97
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I had to go to the FSU board and informed them that BJM is the worse defensive coordinator ever and that they need to aim  higher lol  I also told them that Shaun King sucked and that the only person they assistant they should steal away is Gilbert lol 

Well played 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

21 hours ago, Mama_Bull said:
By BRUCE FELDMAN 
December 17, 2017

Oregon had a rough Saturday, losing to Boise State in the Las Vegas Bowl, but the Ducks got some great news Sunday. Multiple sources tell SI that defensive coordinator Jim Leavitt, who was a hot commodity this month, has agreed to a new deal to remain at Oregon. The deal was signed Sunday night and he will be paid an average of $1.7 million a year through the 2021 season.

The 61-year-old Leavitt took an Oregon defense that ranked No. 115 in yards per play allowed before he arrived in Eugene and improved it up to No. 32. At Colorado, his defense ranked No. 16 when he left, up 104 spots from the year before he showed up in Boulder.

Keeping Leavitt is a key move for new head coach Mario Cristobal.

https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/12/17/oregon-jim-leavitt-staying-defensive-coordinator-new-deal?utm_campaign=sinow&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_twitter_si

I'm sorry, this is magician level ****. He's turning schools that have been past mediocre into top 30 programs instantly and repeatedly. He should be HC.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

BJM has been with Charlie since Charlie started at ULand was a defensive grad assistant at USCe the last two years Charlie was there. I’m more worried about King leaving than BJM. 

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,407
  • Days Won:  43

3 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Yes b/c Taggart has had Levitt through out his whole career and will not survive without him. 

I don’t know Willie. Taggart was a bad hire away from getting fired in year three at USF.  Flowers saved him. I would like his chances at winning national title with Leavitt at DC. Or at least find someone that can coach D. He may end up making Woody DC again 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,551
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, Bull Daly said:

I don’t know Willie. Taggart was a bad hire away from getting fired in year three at USF.  Flowers saved him. I would like his chances at winning national title with Leavitt at DC. Or at least find someone that can coach D. He may end up making Woody DC again 

How can Flowers save Taggart when Taggart was the ONLY coach to give him a chance at qb? Taggart also called the plays that made him a star. I doubt Woodie is made a DC the stakes are waaay too high. Taggart will find somebody. Ucon's old coach would be good. 

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,407
  • Days Won:  43

2 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

How can Flowers save Taggart when Taggart was the ONLY coach to give him a chance at qb? Taggart also called the plays that made him a star. I doubt Woodie is made a DC the stakes are waaay too high. Taggart will find somebody. Ucon's old coach would be good. 

Taggart corrected his own mistakes with some help by trying to build a power run offense at USF. I give some credit to Kinnen and Harlan for helping lead the change to the Gulf Coast Offense. He saved his career while at USF. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

11 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I *may* give you the fact that CWT gave Flowers a chance at QB...

BUT... I'll never concede that CWT made Flowers a star. If you have seen the houdini stuff that Q has pulled off over the last 3 years, I don't know how you can say that. 3/4 of his "stardom" comes from uncalled plays and making something happen himself. CWTs best move here was getting out of Q's way. Not to say that he can get no credit, but, Q is a special player and I won't give CWT credit as having "made him a star".

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  348
  • Days Won:  0

13 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I guess you didn't see how Nebraska's defense performed this year under Diaco. His career trajectory has fallen off a cliff. They let up a 50 burger 4 times this year. 114th in Scoring Defense.120th in yards per play. 

Edited by goldenbrahm1996

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  348
  • Days Won:  0

23 hours ago, Bullrush33 said:

Brian Jean Mary? 

16 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I had to go to the FSU board and informed them that BJM is the worse defensive coordinator ever and that they need to aim  higher lol  I also told them that Shaun King sucked and that the only person they assistant they should steal away is Gilbert lol 

Are we really even sure of how much of an influence BJM had on the defensive improvement this year?