• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coaching Dominoes Are Starting To Fall

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,523
  • Days Won:  28

13 hours ago, goldenbrahm1996 said:

He was actually just the Linebackers coach there. This is actually his first year as a DC. Went pretty **** well IMO.

I would have 2 agree. 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

17 hours ago, goldenbrahm1996 said:

Oh I agree. The stats are amazing and really is incredible how much the D improved this year. I just don’t know how much of that should be attributed to BJM vs Charlie. 

Or the caliber of our opponents.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

16 hours ago, The Great 8 said:

Again, that's one game. And ignoring a ****** second half at that. TJ did so well in his audition to be a coach elsewhere that he got no job.

One game means nothing. Over 3 seasons and 2 teams xCJL has turned around abysmal defenses and made them above average. That shouldn't be dismissed as nothing. You can choose not to deem it magic like I did, but there's a reason he's being paid so much to continue doing his job.

Even through Taggart left, Oregon STILL has a tremendous 2018 signing class on DEFENSE, and I attribute much of that to Leavitt staying there. That says all anyone needs to know about the faith his players have in his ability as DC. That is why he is making the big bucks.

18 hours ago, goldenbrahm1996 said:

Oh I agree. The stats are amazing and really is incredible how much the D improved this year. I just don’t know how much of that should be attributed to BJM vs Charlie. 

Either way, if everybody signs who is currently committed, we should have the strongest interior defense in the conference for years to come.

Unlike this year, defensive depth should not be an issue.

Even though we lose many seniors on defenser, I think we will continue to see our defense improve, from year to year,

We probably would like to sign another CB and LB if possible, but otherwise I am thrilled by the defensive recruiting so far.

Edited by Mama_Bull

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  356
  • Days Won:  0

8 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

Even through Taggart left, Oregon STILL has a tremendous 2018 signing class on DEFENSE, and I attribute much of that to Leavitt staying there. That says all anyone needs to know about the faith his players have in his ability as DC. That is why he is making the big bucks.

I'm not sure Leavitt is staying there out of loyalty or future wins.  I think he is keeping a close eye on the nonsense surrounding the Kansas State coaching job and would rather not move cross country again to another school when his goal may come to fruition at any moment.  

6 minutes ago, NJUSFBULL said:

I'm not sure Leavitt is staying there out of loyalty or future wins.  I think he is keeping a close eye on the nonsense surrounding the Kansas State coaching job and would rather not move cross country again to another school when his goal may come to fruition at any moment.  

Well, he's made it no secret that he would like to become a HC again. It is also well known that he still has the KSU provision in his contract, if they ever offer it to him.

Players respect that he has been open and honest about  that possibility.

In the meantime, he is giving it his all at Oregon.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is still  head butting his players at 61. LOL

Edited by Mama_Bull

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

7 minutes ago, NJUSFBULL said:

I agree NJ, he is not dumb. Right now many at KSU are questioning Snyder’s insistence on having his son as HC. Jimbo knows he has a chance at this. But that being said, Leavitt is no spring chicken anymore and time is running out. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

12 minutes ago, NJUSFBULL said:

Is there a reason he couldn't achieve that same goal while at FSU?

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

1.7 mil to stay at Oregon i'm sure helped too

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  356
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

Bill Snyder has yet to commit to coaching next year.  Leavitt has it in his Oregon contract that he can go to Kansas State without having to pay a buyout.  If he feels (or has been told) that K-State will move away from the Snyder's this year or next, he may not want to be like CWT and change schools every year.  Plus, FSU may not have been willing to give him the same clause in his contract.