• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,543
  • Days Won:  423

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

Where were you with that info on Manderson 4 hours ago?

I didn't have it then ........duh!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

12 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Last year's team did lose this game last year 62-78, with FAU having a lot of the same players ...

Well done! I don’t even remember last year. Interesting what some good coaching can do. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  137
  • Days Won:  1

Attending my first USF basketball games as a student was very fun. Our women's team is fun to watch, and the men's team appears to be going in the right direction. I do not feel that the men's team has enough pure talent across the board to really compete for anything, however they have heart and Gregory appears to be a good coach. Having heart and a good coach is half the battle and can get you wins in close games as we saw tonight.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

I liked what I saw overall, but those long scoring droughts to end the halves are  worrisome. I was generally unimpressed with Scekic, and I'd like to see a smaller lineup with more Malik Martin. Glad we're back to beating the FAUs of the world and looks like we have something to build on going forward.

Edited by George Jenkins

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,074
  • Days Won:  172

5 hours ago, MDBull20 said:

Attending my first USF basketball games as a student was very fun. Our women's team is fun to watch, and the men's team appears to be going in the right direction. I do not feel that the men's team has enough pure talent across the board to really compete for anything, however they have heart and Gregory appears to be a good coach. Having heart and a good coach is half the battle and can get you wins in close games as we saw tonight.

i will take a team with talent  

you can keep heart and coach

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Great job  by USF of making opening night an event! 

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

This team looked like they played some great team defense, and they shared the ball really well. I know Jiggets stole the show, but I was really impressed with Terrance Samuel and Malik Martin. They gave this team some good energy, when they were in the game. The two freshmen, Brown and Collins, also looked really solid in their collegiate debuts. I was hoping to see more from Scekic, but he looked very similar to Manderson last year--out of place. Hope that situation is rectified for both big-men this season.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, Paisa el Toro said:

This team looked like they played some great team defense, and they shared the ball really well. I know Jiggets stole the show, but I was really impressed with Terrance Samuel and Malik Martin. They gave this team some good energy, when they were in the game. The two freshmen, Brown and Collins, also looked really solid in their collegiate debuts. I was hoping to see more from Scekic, but he looked very similar to Manderson last year--out of place. Hope that situation is rectified for both big-men this season.

Collins looked pretty bad most of his time out there early on. Played better later in the game.  Big Nik looked like this years Rueben Guerrero - big but not a real impact with that size.

Nice to get a win and Jiggets is the star of this team. What was up with Banks?  He stood pretty much in the same place vs the zone hoping he'd be open for a shot???  And when they went man latter part of the 2nd half he did take it to the hoop but made horrible passes instead of shooting.  He must have had 3 turnovers is a 4 or 5 minute span. Thought he was going to light things up for us. He may have 1 basket and 2 FTs that I can remember.

Does anyone know how many offensive rebounds FAU had?  Their one guy looked like he was playing volleyball under there just tapping it up until it went in on 2 or 3 different possessions toward the end of the game.

The women's team played okay but shot horribly.  Fought hard on the boards vs a much bigger team.  Some early jitters from Alba. Will be nice when Enna and Dory get back and Rader joins them in Dec.

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  433
  • Days Won:  0

Couple guys that have serious talent is Payton Banks(graduate transfer) and Justin Brown (freshman).  Those two will have lots of nights in double digits this year.  Don't expect them to duplicate those numbers you saw last night all year long. 

Don't forget Yetna and Manderson didn't play. 

Also, team will get even better as they play with each other deeper in the year.  I think we win 12 or more games this year.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,632
  • Days Won:  6

11 hours ago, Roaming Bull said:

That post game interview was good too. He set the tone for the season with his constantly looking to improvement comments. Good direction for team.

and if you watch the replay, that's Bourbon Bull behind CBG during the post-game interview.