• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Doesn't matter

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

11 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=21199797

If you pause this around 16 seconds (unfortunate it goes dark) but you can see that Hoggins is coming down before the ball gets there, meaning he mistimed his jump and Auggie and mike Hampton (#14) who is 6'1, are right there just as high as every Houston receiver. They just didn't get their hands on the ball. I mean if you flipped this and the did send the blitz and the guy missed the tackle because he took too close of an angle, are we gonna say we shouldn't have blitzed him? No he should have got himself in position to make the play. 

Waited till today to watch that replay and it still makes me :puke:

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

5 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

What is he supposed to say? Im sorry but I just don't buy your argument, if there are that many players around the football, they got to make a play, a coach has to be able to trust that. Can't question it because it didn't happen. 

they had two receivers in the area. Both over 6 feet tall. we had Hampton(who was blocked out by Sanchez) and Sanchez in the area.

It was a 50/50 ball. their receiver went up and high pointed the ball. It happens. I don't blame this loss on one play>

I think settling for the FG ,like we have done so many times this year, with too much time left on the clock hurt. that was playing not to lose. a first down there and we kick a FG with no time left. Heck their kick return put them in FG range practically.

Conservative play calling (offense and defense)eventually catches up to you in a close game.

Edited by Bull94
  • Like 1

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

Just because Sanchez jumped at the spot the ball came down doesn't mean he blocked anyone out. If they were in better position, they could have out jumped him. Hampton was late and was jumping through, not "blocked out". If that is the excuse that Hampton is using, its bogus 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

4 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Just because Sanchez jumped at the spot the ball came down doesn't mean he blocked anyone out. If they were in better position, they could have out jumped him. Hampton was late and was jumping through, not "blocked out". If that is the excuse that Hampton is using, its bogus 

listen you fight for position when going for a ball. Sanchez had the position. Hampton did not. watch closely. Hampton was outside the play. Hampton hasn't used any excuse. If anything these players accept all responsibility for our shortcomings this year. whether it's sanchez or flowers. coaches are the ones that like to use the execution excuse.

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

15 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

listen you fight for position when going for a ball. Sanchez had the position. Hampton did not. watch closely. Hampton was outside the play. Hampton hasn't used any excuse. If anything these players accept all responsibility for our shortcomings this year. whether it's sanchez or flowers. coaches are the ones that like to use the execution excuse.

Then I guess we need to figure out why our MLB can get in better position on a go route then our Db's 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Jesus, it’s been six days now...get over it. Nothing is going to change the result breaking that game down frame by frame. Move on to the Uconn game, we still a lot to play for. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  0

12 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Jesus, it’s been six days now...get over it. Nothing is going to change the result breaking that game down frame by frame. Move on to the Uconn game, we still a lot to play for. 

A win will heal some wounds!

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  424

19 hours ago, Bull94 said:

Not happy about the loss.

I haven't been real happy about the way this team has been coached this year even in the wins.

I will say one thing, you're consistent. Win or lose, your posts are pretty much the same. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

One loss wont ruin our season.  Want to see this team rebound put this game behind and beat up Uconn.

Edited by Bulls On Parade