• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Doesn't matter

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

I don't buy into the idea that Hoggins being 5'8 makes that a mismatch. DBs are used to giving four to six  inches to WR. They know ways to negate the height advantage even on jump balls, like playing through the receivers hands and separating the ball as he tries to bring it in.  It just didn't happen 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

35 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

I don't buy into the idea that Hoggins being 5'8 makes that a mismatch. DBs are used to giving four to six  inches to WR. They know ways to negate the height advantage even on jump balls, like playing through the receivers hands and separating the ball as he tries to bring it in.  It just didn't happen 

watch the play. 6'2" receiver behind a 5'8" corner. he didnt have a play. did his best to get up for the ball but couldn't reach it.only one with a realistic shot was Sanchez.

it was a fluke play. they happen. it should never have come down to that though.

DJ should have executed on that 2nd and 10 run up the middle or on that 3rd and 8 run up the middle to seal the game and not give them a chance

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, Bull94 said:

watch the play. 6'2" receiver behind a 5'8" corner. he didnt have a play. did his best to get up for the ball but couldn't reach it.only one with a realistic shot was Sanchez.

it was a fluke play. they happen. it should never have come down to that though.

DJ should have executed on that 2nd and 10 run up the middle or on that 3rd and 8 run up the middle to seal the game and not give them a chance

I'm just happy for you that you've finally got an actual loss you can go on kvetching for days about ...

Edited by Triple B

1 hour ago, Bull94 said:

I went back and watched the play. I cant tell you what you saw, but I saw one player mistime his jump and two other players not make a play on the ball. It wasnt like the receiver just went up and mossed them he got in better position to make a play. 

Edited by BrassBulls12

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=21199797

If you pause this around 16 seconds (unfortunate it goes dark) but you can see that Hoggins is coming down before the ball gets there, meaning he mistimed his jump and Auggie and mike Hampton (#14) who is 6'1, are right there just as high as every Houston receiver. They just didn't get their hands on the ball. I mean if you flipped this and the did send the blitz and the guy missed the tackle because he took too close of an angle, are we gonna say we shouldn't have blitzed him? No he should have got himself in position to make the play. 

19 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

I went back and watched the play. I cant tell you what you saw, but I saw one player mistime his jump and two other players not make a play on the ball. It wasnt like the receiver just went up and mossed them he got in better position to make a play. 

he didn't miss time his jump. He's 5'8" and it went over his head. he tried his best to reach back. Hampton was blocked out of the play by Sanchez. Sanchez was the only one that realistically had a play on it.

again the receiver was 6'2". he went up and made a great play on the ball. That happens. It wasn't "bad execution".

2 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

he didn't miss time his jump. He's 5'8" and it went over his head. he tried his best to reach back. Hampton was blocked out of the play by Sanchez. Sanchez was the only one that realistically had a play on it.

again the receiver was 6'2". he went up and made a great play on the ball. That happens. It wasn't "bad execution".

well i guess we just have to hope we don't see anymore 6'2 receivers........

1 minute ago, BrassBulls12 said:

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=21199797

If you pause this around 16 seconds (unfortunate it goes dark) but you can see that Hoggins is coming down before the ball gets there, meaning he mistimed his jump and Auggie and mike Hampton (#14) who is 6'1, are right there just as high as every Houston receiver. They just didn't get their hands on the ball. I mean if you flipped this and the did send the blitz and the guy missed the tackle because he took too close of an angle, are we gonna say we shouldn't have blitzed him? No he should have got himself in position to make the play. 

I've seen it. Hoggins was well in front of the play. Tried to make it back but the ball was clearly thrown over his head. Really had no play on the ball. Sanchez blocked Hampton out of the play. Again he was trying to get position on the ball. Not faulting him. It was basically a jump ball between a 6'2" receiver and a LB.

Strong is the one who said he should have sent someone from the outside to contain the rollout. I said earlier I would have like to see pressure from his throwing side(corner blitz) so he couldn't set his feet and get a pass off. Hindsight is 20/20. I've seen it happen a lot where QBs have all day to find a receiver and eventually do. I'm not a fan of prevent defense. Just my opinion.

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

Strong is the one who said he should have sent someone from the outside to contain the rollout. 

What is he supposed to say? Im sorry but I just don't buy your argument, if there are that many players around the football, they got to make a play, a coach has to be able to trust that. Can't question it because it didn't happen. 

36 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I'm just happy for you that you've finally got an actual loss you can go on kvetching for days about ...

Not happy about the loss.

I haven't been real happy about the way this team has been coached this year even in the wins.