• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Blocked Kicks Allowed

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

7 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Clearly these two are on Wilcox.  On FGs you block from the inside out.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I don't think it's a coincidence that Texas had issues last year and now we have them this year.

Perhaps they don't practice special teams enough? perhaps the coaches aren't teaching the players properly?

True leaders accept blame. they don't deflect it. I have a problem with our coaches always blaming players for every shortcoming.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  423

25 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

I don't think it's a coincidence that Texas had issues last year and now we have them this year.

Perhaps they don't practice special teams enough? perhaps the coaches aren't teaching the players properly?

True leaders accept blame. they don't deflect it. I have a problem with our coaches always blaming players for every shortcoming.

If they weren't teaching them properly we'd have 2 or 3 blocks a game .... and true leaders hold those under them accountable.

21 minutes ago, Triple B said:

If they weren't teaching them properly we'd have 2 or 3 blocks a game .... and true leaders hold those under them accountable.

not in the press they don't . look at Flowers quotes compared to Strong and Gilbert. strong and gilbert consistently say it's an execution issue(ie it's on the players).

not that they could prepare the players better or call better plays. true leaders take blame even if it isn't their fault. you expect the coaches to be leaders. that's what great coaches do. they deflect blame from their players by accepting responsibility. they will say " our coaches didn't have them properly prepared or we didn't put them in a position to succeed."

Flowers

Flowers led all players with 253 total yards. Afterward, he told reporters he missed way too many reads.

"At the end of the day, I put the blame on me," he said.

Gilbert

“Just an execution deal,” offensive coordinator Sterlin Gilbert said. "There were just some opportunities we had that we just missed."

Edited by Bull94

18 minutes ago, Triple B said:

didn't they block 2 last game? other teams seem to see something on tape that they are able to exploit. shouldn't our coaches see it and correct it?

sorry but it's not a coincidence that we are having problems this year just as Texas had last year.

did wilcox or any of our current guys have issues last year?

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,528
  • Days Won:  28

25 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

didn't they block 2 last game? other teams seem to see something on tape that they are able to exploit. shouldn't our coaches see it and correct it?

sorry but it's not a coincidence that we are having problems this year just as Texas had last year.

did wilcox or any of our current guys have issues last year?

In the end, the only person that matters when in comes to blocking is the players. I hold the coaches accountable for not changing the blocking personal. Obviously Wilcox and the other TE suck at blocking. I think he was the one who missed the block for like 2 of our punts as well. 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

50 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

In the end, the only person that matters when in comes to blocking is the players. I hold the coaches accountable for not changing the blocking personal. Obviously Wilcox and the other TE suck at blocking. I think he was the one who missed the block for like 2 of our punts as well. 

If you’re not good at a job, you usually get fired. In this case, if a player can’t make the plays then they should find someone who can.  I find it hard to believe that someone couldn’t fix the problem in a football program that’s D1 FBS

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

Clearly these two are on Wilcox.  On FGs you block from the inside out.

It’s the third time this year he has caused a block. Time to make a change 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  423

1 hour ago, Bull94 said:

not in the press they don't . look at Flowers quotes compared to Strong and Gilbert. strong and gilbert consistently say it's an execution issue(ie it's on the players).

not that they could prepare the players better or call better plays. true leaders take blame even if it isn't their fault. you expect the coaches to be leaders. that's what great coaches do. they deflect blame from their players by accepting responsibility. they will say " our coaches didn't have them properly prepared or we didn't put them in a position to succeed."

Flowers

Flowers led all players with 253 total yards. Afterward, he told reporters he missed way too many reads.

"At the end of the day, I put the blame on me," he said.

Gilbert

“Just an execution deal,” offensive coordinator Sterlin Gilbert said. "There were just some opportunities we had that we just missed."

Why do I think if the coaches had taken all the blame, putting none on the players, you'd be criticizing them for not holding the players accountable ... Carry on, 94.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

On 10/26/2017 at 1:19 PM, NewEnglandBull said:

Good, but frustrating read & spot on analysis on Wilcox's responsibilty for the two blocked kicks against Tulane.