• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This Game Has Me Worried

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Some here might be interested in seeing the predictions for this game on the Tulane board.

http://gotula.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9875&sid=068e6c01112add7c89fe46874847756d

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

26 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

That is what worries me the most. Out team knows that and, as a result, some USF players might not take them as seriously as they should.

I think that is exactly why we had such a lackluster performance last week.

Some of our players might be looking ahead to Houston.

So, this could be our trap game. 

The good thing is that CCS has been there before and is aware of the possible pitfalls and will emphasize the need to not take them lightly or we could end up beating ourselves. All he needs to do is tell them about what happened to so many ranked teams who lost to unranked teams last week.

Having said that, I think that this USF team will take that message to heart and win fairly comfortably.

It’s only common for human emotion to take a downturn sometimes. However, as I’ve said before, this is a senior laden team and I think that makes the difference in these types of games. 

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  2

19 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

Some here might be interested in seeing the predictions for this game on the Tulane board.

Never saw someone say I wish our game was not on tv

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

30 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

That was us a few years ago.. Losing sucks!

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  0

For those that aren't worried about Tulane because they just lost to FIU, I'd take that with a grain of salt. I remember Pitt losing to Bowling Green back in our Big East games and they smashed us in our conference opener. Any given Saturday man. But with that said, I'm nervous every game, and this week is no different. I definately think that this game is going to be harder than I originally thought when going into the season. But I think we'll win this one. Just relax!

Edited by Hueyhog20

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

You have too much time on your hands:LoveFest:

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

13 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

You have too much time on your hands:LoveFest:

That only took me 5 minutes to write, while at work. You wouldn't want to see me posting with too much time on my hands! 

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  144
  • Days Won:  2

Any team can lose any game. I don't think that's the case with this one though. This has all the ingredients to be the worst blowout of the season so far. It's all about the matchups.

We are really good at running they ball... they are meh at stopping it.
We ok at throwing the ball, they suck at stopping that. 

They are also very good at running the ball... we're one of the best teams in the nation at stopping it,
They suck at throwing the ball... we're not the best at stopping it.

The triple option is somewhat of an equalizer against talent, but we just physically outmatch them at every aspect of the game. We're stronger, faster, and deeper at every position (except maybe linebacker). 
In addition to all that, we've played the triple option every year for the last several years. We know how to stop that kind of offense: discipline.

The only reason this game might not be a blood bath is that since both teams will be running the ball the entire time, the score might be low. 

Edited by horny_gimli

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  645
  • Days Won:  1

I think this is a classic trap game for us. On the road in New Orleans of all places and right before our biggest home game. I think this is part of the reason Coach Strong was so "mad" after last game. I think he was trying to motivate the guys to get better through the week and correct the issues vs Tulane.

We'll see what happens but I'd guess we start slow and have to break open the play book a little bit to put them away toward the end of the 3rd qtr. If that option is flowing though and our defense is on the field a bunch this could be a down hill game for Tulane..

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Mama_Bull said:

That is what worries me the most. Out team knows that and, as a result, some USF players might not take them as seriously as they should.

I think that is exactly why we had such a lackluster performance last week.

Some of our players might be looking ahead to Houston.

So, this could be our trap game. 

The good thing is that CCS has been there before and is aware of the possible pitfalls and will emphasize the need to not take them lightly or we could end up beating ourselves. All he needs to do is tell them about what happened to so many ranked teams who lost to unranked teams last week.

Having said that, I think that this USF team will take that message to heart and win fairly comfortably.

I'm sure they'll review film of the Tulane-Tulsa game as well. That was the Tulane offense at it's best. I doubt they are looking past Tulane. They know that this type of offense is one they haven't seen yet, and CCS will have them ready for it. I don't take any of these teams for granted, but UCF is the only team on the schedule I'm  worried about.