• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This Game Has Me Worried

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

The only thing I am concerned about is the "any given game factor".

There are two sides to the ball plus special teams.  Tulane's rushing defense is worse than Illinois.  About the same as in overall defense.  As far as them blowing out  Tulsa, Tulsa is last in the country in rushing defense.

I am not really concerned what the score is after the first quarter.  The game is 4 quarters.

If we lose this game after Strong reamed them last weak. it would say more about the coaching staff than the team.  I can't imagine they go into this game unprepared.  

There is always a chance they lose, but if the do it would be that they beat themselves rather getting beaten.  

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Good God a “War and Peace” post. Almost every game we get at least a few people worried about this week’s game. I do agree that there is more to worry about with this week than any other we have had, but we will win. Maybe not convincingly (as your points are well taken) but I think we got this. 

I have not been worried about a game yet this season. When SJSU jumped out to a 16-0 lead, I was displeased, but not worried. When Stony Brook was beating us 10-7 at halftime, I was disgusted, but completely confident that we would win. When people were melting down near halftime of the ECU game, I was cool, calm and collected. For some reason, this game has me nervous. Enough that I wrote a novel about all the reasons I am on edge about this one. Time will tell. 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

4 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

Them losing 23-10 to FIU takes a lot of the fear out of playing Tulane

The FIU result has no bearing on how I think this game will go. Triple option offenses are hot and cold. They seem to either put up 600 yards of offense or 300....with little in between. 

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722

2 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I have not been worried about a game yet this season. When SJSU jumped out to a 16-0 lead, I was displeased, but not worried. When Stony Brook was beating us 10-7 at halftime, I was disgusted, but completely confident that we would win. When people were melting down near halftime of the ECU game, I was cool, calm and collected. For some reason, this game has me nervous. Enough that I wrote a novel about all the reasons I am on edge about this one. Time will tell. 

I think its the meaning of each game going forward..  Every game from here on out is the biggest game of our program. A lot of pressure on these kids

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I get it brother and you made some excellent points and I won’t lie this game has me on edge. But I do think we win. I don’t care by how much as long as we get the W. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348

The pressure to win will get more intense each week. Especially the closer we get to our goal.  

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839
  • Days Won:  0

Over by halftime. I thought Tulane might have something going after Tulsa, but they were embarrassed by FIU. I thought there must have been a load or turnovers or something, but FIU outgained them by 200 yards.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  2

I know that upsets happen and what not, but this game screams blowout to me.  I have a hard time seeing Tulane score much, if at all, against us.  They have played one good offensive game against a terrible defense.  We would beat FIU 50-0 and a team that lost to them by 2 td's is gonna give us problems.  I'll need to see it to believe it.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

37 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

Them losing 23-10 to FIU takes a lot of the fear out of playing Tulane

That is what worries me the most. Out team knows that and, as a result, some USF players might not take them as seriously as they should.

I think that is exactly why we had such a lackluster performance last week.

Some of our players might be looking ahead to Houston.

So, this could be our trap game. 

The good thing is that CCS has been there before and is aware of the possible pitfalls and will emphasize the need to not take them lightly or we could end up beating ourselves. All he needs to do is tell them about what happened to so many ranked teams who lost to unranked teams last week.

Having said that, I think that this USF team will take that message to heart and win fairly comfortably.

Edited by Mama_Bull

• Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

I am concerned about this game as well but I believe the team leadership along with the athletic ability will prevail.