• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This Game Has Me Worried

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Until we get to UCF, the only way we lose is beat ourselves. 

I put a lot of tonight on the coaching staff. The called off the dogs too quickly tonight. Very reminicent of last year. 

Even Tice stated they probably should have kept playing hard. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

5 minutes ago, usfgrad84 said:

Until we get to UCF, the only way we lose is beat ourselves. 

I put a lot of tonight on the coaching staff. The called off the dogs too quickly tonight. Very reminicent of last year. 

Even Tice stated they probably should have kept playing hard. 

CCS just doesn't get it. 

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Get what?

For a guy that was 2 time Big East Coach of the year, good enough to be coveted for just about every open P5 job in the country, has a team 7-0, has his team as only 1 of 3 in top 10 in rush D and O, 16th ranked team and respected enough by college football to still be one of 20 coaches still in the running for coach of the year.

I don't get what he doesn't get. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

5 minutes ago, usfgrad84 said:

Get what?

For a guy that was 2 time Big East Coach of the year, good enough to be coveted for just about every open P5 job in the country, has a team 7-0, has his team as only 1 of 3 in top 10 in rush D and O, 16th ranked team and respected enough by college football to still be one of 20 coaches still in the running for coach of the year.

I don't get what he doesn't get. 

It isn't CCS, it is Gilbert,  but CCS is responsible for Gilbert, so it all falls on him ultimately.  Gilbert needs to learn that square pegs don't fit into round holes.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

It isn't CCS, it is Gilbert,  but CCS is responsible for Gilbert, so it all falls on him ultimately.  Gilbert needs to learn that square pegs don't fit into round holes.  

Thank you for answering that before I got the chance. Gilbert isnt using the talent we have to the best of its ability. CCS is the one who brought him in...so it falls back on him. 

Just now, Rex Havoc said:

Thank you for answering that before I got the chance. Gilbert isnt using the talent we have to the best of its ability. CCS is the one who brought him in...so it falls back on him. 

When you are an OC and a one-trick pony, this is what it looks like. With 99% confidence,  I think QF and Co. could play with no OC, no sideline play calling,  and just play backyard football and achieve better results.  

The defense has bought in to BJM's philosophy,  the offense hasn't bought in to Gilbert... simple as that. 

Just now, BullyPulpit said:

The defense has bought in to BJM's philosophy,  the offense hasn't bought in to Gilbert... simple as that. 

Other than the end of tonight's game I've been really impressed with the defense. Gilbert isn't going to get buy in until he changes up his playcalling. He's not using the talent he has to the best of their ability. 

14 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

Other than the end of tonight's game I've been really impressed with the defense. Gilbert isn't going to get buy in until he changes up his playcalling. He's not using the talent he has to the best of their ability. 

I agree completely.  Offensive players are frustrated.  You can see it in their faces,  their body language,  and their play. They are just going through the motions, just like the defense did last year with Woodie. 

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  314
  • Days Won:  0

There's just seems to be a total lack of instinct on offense. Just going through the motions. It's so wasteful when we have dynamic players, I bet the sweep/reverse would have worked a treat with Antoine.