• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

38K would have filled 95% of the proposed OCS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

...tacky looking 'Beach section'.

I will settle for a stadium that is not in danger of collapsing on itself. If we get greedy may be throw in water fountain or two...

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  715

One thing for sure.....if there is sand at the UCiF stadium cabanas....it will be used by stray cats as a cat box......Kitty Cat Buried Treasure. Justice is so sweet.:GoBulls:

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286

2 hours ago, Thebullsfan said:

We need a 50k stadium 

I believe the plan is for it to be expandable to 50k

• Topic Count:  2,336
  • Content Count:  21,336
  • Days Won:  10

No Turf, put grass down.  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,749
  • Content Count:  37,658
  • Days Won:  29

40-45K Max ... need to build the demand and get MORE fans to buy Season Tix.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785

7 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

I believe the plan is for it to be expandable to 50k

It needs to be 50 k starting off and expandable to 60k

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  141
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Rizman said:

No Turf, put grass down.  

FAU has grass and did not cut corners on theirs. And has sfternoon shade in some sections. If ours was a larger version of that, say 50K,, I would be more than happy. 

Be patient and enjoy RayJ, is what I say.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

FAU's stadium holds just under 30k, cost approx. $70mm to build and took a little over one year to build.  The stadium has room to expand to 65k & have a roof.  An on campus stadium would be special.  I think we should do it right, but it doesn't need to cost a fortunate.  45k on campus stadium is ideal with expand-ability for the future growth of the program.   In the meantime we have Ray Jay.  The key is during the planning phase to start locking down usage for the venue when football is not being played.  Naming rights, future bowl game, other sports usage, special events, concerts, etc.  This all helps with the cost of having the facility on campus.

• Topic Count:  161
  • Content Count:  560

59 minutes ago, BullFan98 said:

FAU's stadium holds just under 30k, cost approx. $70mm to build and took a little over one year to build.  The stadium has room to expand to 65k & have a roof.  An on campus stadium would be special.  I think we should do it right, but it doesn't need to cost a fortunate.  45k on campus stadium is ideal with expand-ability for the future growth of the program.   In the meantime we have Ray Jay.  The key is during the planning phase to start locking down usage for the venue when football is not being played.  Naming rights, future bowl game, other sports usage, special events, concerts, etc.  This all helps with the cost of having the facility on campus.

I say build it to hold 38K, just sounds like the right number, with expansion to 48K. The design needs to have an arena football field feel, right on top of the action. Also put some hedges in there, all big time stadiums have hedges. Have a Bull run end zone to end zone before kick off. Cheerleaders dress like Cowgirls (see Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders, hot!). Have a cigar smoking section since its in Tampa. You can smoke a cigar on a college campus right? Free orange juice since Tropicana is just down the road. And there needs to be sunscreen, shade, bathrooms and cold water everywhere. Make it the best experience in college football! (paid for by the Right to Have a Good Time at a Bulls Game Foundation).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

2 hours ago, BullFan98 said:

I agree. Not a fan of the present $200m proposal, which we all know will never get built because it's too expensive. Unless we magically get into a "Power" conference that particular proposal will NEVER happen.

Every time I criticize the current proposal the only response I get is "we have to wait to do right" or "we can't go cheap like C." But I'm not convinced we need or can justify a $200m OCS.

Suggests to me that the current "proposal" is really just intended to get everyone off of USF's back because they don't intend to do anything, at least not within the next 10 years. But at least they can point to their "proposal" and say "they're looking into it."