• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Meanwhile in Oregon

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 minute ago, ArmyBull said:

And you better believe that if it does happen there will be chants of "CCS did it with CWT's team."  Hard to argue but the record books will not make mention of it.  

For the record, I won't be saying that.  Probably most of us won't, as Taggart left of his own accord.  That kind of thing is usually said after a team has quick success after a coach is fired.  

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21
  • Days Won:  0

i dislike the fact that CWT said he was home here then ran at the first big time offer. all this when he was on the cusp of making us big time. but i dont wish he ill he did good for us.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

image.png.a235b402ff880e5cb60dddfce8852f4b.png

Cheesy as hell but what a recruiter! He was finally able to recruit quality at the skill positions at USF

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,730
  • Days Won:  425

8 hours ago, NYCbull said:

Am I the only one that short of kissing them in the mouth love both taggart and leavitt?  

No...... although I'm not sure I'd put it in that graphic a way. 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

CWT is playing with basically his 3rd/4th string QB after injuries/transfers but he's recruiting his face off out West.   I think he'll be ok but as with any rebuild it's going to take a couple of years.  

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Didn't Oregon beat us with their 4th string QB in the Sun Bowl?  Just kidding.

I don't really care what is going on in Oregon.  Any coach needs/deserves at least 3 years.  I wasn't a huge fan of Taggart's for the first couple of years.  He proved that he could do what was necessary to win.  

He can recruit top notch talent.  Whether he can get Oregon back in the top 10 will take a few years, but he deserves the time to do it.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

CWT was cool while he was here. He got our name back out there, but not that he's gone we're on to the next. At the beginning of the season i looked back, but that he's out of the rear view. I bare no ill will towards him, but it's mid season and time to move on. Our feature is bright, we have great season going on, a lot of speculation still to do, who cares about oregano anyway. Para adelante! Go Bulls!

2 hours ago, usfgrad84 said:

Any coach needs/deserves at least 3 years.

Always been my philosophy also. Although there are exceptions...... like xCOA. 

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Comparing Leavitt to CWT is like comparing Skippy at ECU to Skippy here... totally different levels and not worth comparing

Point 1 - CWT left it better than he found it... is 5 straight bowl appearances not better than a 0-0 all time record?

Point 2 - Kean could have this team undefeated this year... Question... Which year that CJL coached could Kean have had the team undefeated? My God, does everyone not see how far we have fallen? Do I think USF deserves a top-15 ranking and could play with just about anyone in the Country? Hell yes! ONLY because of QF though. You take him out of the mix and give us a 6-0 record and I still wouldn't have confidence against anyone in the rankings. Defense looks better, but, what happens if we go back to the bottom of the pack in time of possession? Can they stand up to the pounding?

Point 3 - Better players... I don't care what any one says... I take this group of receivers over the guys we have today. Love McCants, Salomon looks good, MVS is good, but... Taurus Johnson, Jessie Hester, D Bogan, Amarri Jackson, M Edwards, AJ Love, Carlton Mitchell? Not a better group than we have now? I like our current TEs probably better than any group under CJL. Defense... N Allen, Jenks, Williams, Young/Gachette in the backfield, Momprimeir, Tyrone McKenzie, Moffitt at LB, and Selvie, McClain, Buie, Harris on the DL... people who think this is our best team ever do not realize the talent on the field from basically 2007-2009. It was borderline ridiculous. The peak was 2007 with Jenks and Trea holding it down at CB. That was the biggest loss through the end of the Leavitt era as their replacements were a big drop off.

13 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

people who think this is our best team ever do not realize the talent on the field from basically 2007-2009. It was borderline ridiculous.

So with borderline ridiculous talent, we go 9-12 in conference and no higher than 3rd ......... in a borderline BCS conference. I'm not saying that this current team has more talent, because it doesn't appear to at this point ....  just saying if you're trying to defend CJL as a coach, you may want lose Point 3.