• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coach Strong and OCS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

The University of South Florida needs to do whatever they can to keep Coach Charlie Strong.

This man is a helluva coach and clearly a great recruiter. The time is now. We will NEVER get a better recruiter for the state of Florida than CCS. An OCS is clearly an important point for Coach Strong. Important enough that he mentioned it at his initial press conference. 

This absolutely needs to happen, and something needs to be announced soon. I believe the only way that we keep him for more than another year or two is to get this thing in motion.

We will never have a better opportunity to become a big time program than right now. When you catch lightning in a bottle you need to capitalize on it. 

If/when Coach Strong leaves it will set this program back to a place that will be tough to recover from.

Coach Willie Taggart was a gift, he was a rare local guy that was a great recruiter. A guy ready to make a name for himself and show the world of college football what he could do. He set this program up for success and brought excitement back.

The fact that we got CCS right after CWT left was a once in a lifetime stroke of luck and opportunity. USF needs to capitalize on it. They need to capitalize now.

Work with Jeff Vinick, do whatever it takes. We need to get started on “The House That Charlie Built”. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,031
  • Days Won:  38

The community sent a message last night. :iconic_u_black:

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2,332
  • Content Count:  21,309
  • Days Won:  10

We can show up and it is now time.   This is needed to position us for the next P5 opportunity.   Win the freaking conference championship.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,686
  • Days Won:  8

40k stadium.... would have been a full house last night....  sold out! Better get my tickets! Creates demand for the next game.

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

Bulls need to continue to win, win the conference, maintain the momentum next year, and the stadium planning will accelerate.  It will take some time and lots of $$$$!  As we have all read, you cant build an OCS on the cheap, you are going to have to pay, either upfront with a quality product or in repairs and renovations to a subpar product.  Lets not forget to enjoy the ride!

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

There could be as many as 4 coaching vacancies in the SEC in the off-season:

UT, UF, A & M, LSU

Lots of dominos to fall this offseason and everyone is looking for the next great job.  I say it all time "if no one wants you for their organization ask yourself, "why?"

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

You all know I'm not terribly in favor of an OCS.

But seeing the lines last night for the security theater and knowing that TSA/RJS completely blew it on staffing makes me get closer to wanting one. I'm almost at the point to want one just to take money away from the Glazers that they are getting from us for their taxpayer purchased stadium.

You might be able to convert me eventually!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,595
  • Days Won:  29

We need to show Strong that he has fan support, Fans in the Stands !

This will give the university money to pay him.

On the OCS subject, to expedite the time line. Thoughts of building the base, stands only - 20K each side of the field. And the press box. Then build later the frills. Just to get on campus!

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

7 hours ago, SpeedBull said:

The University of South Florida needs to do whatever they can to keep Coach Charlie Strong.

This man is a helluva coach and clearly a great recruiter. The time is now. We will NEVER get a better recruiter for the state of Florida than CCS. An OCS is clearly an important point for Coach Strong. Important enough that he mentioned it at his initial press conference. 

This absolutely needs to happen, and something needs to be announced soon. I believe the only way that we keep him for more than another year or two is to get this thing in motion.

We will never have a better opportunity to become a big time program than right now. When you catch lightning in a bottle you need to capitalize on it. 

If/when Coach Strong leaves it will set this program back to a place that will be tough to recover from.

Coach Willie Taggart was a gift, he was a rare local guy that was a great recruiter. A guy ready to make a name for himself and show the world of college football what he could do. He set this program up for success and brought excitement back.

The fact that we got CCS right after CWT left was a once in a lifetime stroke of luck and opportunity. USF needs to capitalize on it. They need to capitalize now.

Work with Jeff Vinick, do whatever it takes. We need to get started on “The House That Charlie Built”. 

I had a discussion the other day with someone inside the program and they were not overly optimistic an OCS is happening any time soon. "Eventually" was the word that was used, but this person has an IPF being built long before an OCS.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  423

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

I had a discussion the other day with someone inside the program and they were not overly optimistic an OCS is happening any time soon. "Eventually" was the word that was used, but this person has an IPF being built long before an OCS.

The IPF is a much bigger need than an ocs at this point... but unless Saturday was the beginning of an attendance trend that this team deserves, my stance on the ocs may be softening.