• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coach Strong and OCS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Just now, JTrue said:

If I win the Powerball, I'm going to offer them the money only on the condition they name it CJL field. How do you think that will go over?

At that point, I'm sure they would say okay

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

What if I also demand a statue out front of CJL and Genshaft hugging?

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

Coach Strong is as good as gone after this season. The gap in TV revenue between the P5 and the G5 will mean every underperforming P5 school will be pilfering G5 coaching talent on an annual basis.

Under no circumstances should USF waste money on an OCS to get more of the 10k or so students who live on campus to the games more often.

That, and he may have aspirations of winning a National Championship. What are the odds of that happening at a G5 program.

Just now, brybull1970 said:

He won’t win a championship at a P5 school - he isn’t that good of a Head Coach.

I'm not saying he is, or isn't, good enough, but the path is much more clear for a P5 school. I doubt Charlie is saying to himself, "I might as well stay here, I'm not good enough"

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

3 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Right now probably. When you get fired from 2-3 P5 jobs then you realize you’re Ralph the Mouth and not Fonzie.

Poor Donnie Most.

2 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Right now probably. When you get fired from 2-3 P5 jobs then you realize you’re Ralph the Mouth and not Fonzie.

I'm not arguing whether or not he is capable of winning a championship, but if it's in his mind to take another shot at it, and a P5 school offers him that chance (and a lot of money), it's almost a certainty he is leaving. Muschamp wasn't all that great at Florida, and landed another SEC gig. Can't believe Charlie wouldn't get some good offers.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

21 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

I'm not arguing whether or not he is capable of winning a championship, but if it's in his mind to take another shot at it, and a P5 school offers him that chance (and a lot of money), it's almost a certainty he is leaving. Muschamp wasn't all that great at Florida, and landed another SEC gig. Can't believe Charlie wouldn't get some good offers.

CCS is no spring chicken.

IMO, whether he stays at USF or goes elsewhere that will be his last stop as HC.

I only know that he is now getting paid by USF and Texas. I'm really not up on the details.

Perhaps, when the Texas money runs out and he takes a big salary cut from us, then he might look to leave.

Everybody is different.

One P5 coach just quit and left $12.5 million on the table, when he could have taken it for himself.

Leavitt turned down the head coaching job for Alabama while he was at USF. At the time he said, "The grass isn't always greener."

CCS said he was getting tired just watching Jerry Springer ans decided to take the USF job, even though Texas would have still paid him his full salary, if he just sat at home.

At USF he's certainly not under nearly as much of pressure that he would be at a top P5 school  where expectations are to be a national title contender every year. Perhaps, he's had enough of that and is satisfied to stay put.

Edited by Mama_Bull

3 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

CCS is no spring chicken.

Which is why he might be gone quickly. If he does want to take another stab at the big time, how much longer can he afford to wait? No telling what's going on in his head though. He can be successful here, and get paid pretty well doing it.

38 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

When you get fired from 2-3 P5 jobs then you realize you’re Ralph the Mouth and not Fonzie.

Where was he fired from other than Texas?

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

Don't you know that an OCS is a panacea?  It will increase attendance, get us into a P5 conference, double the US GDP, cure dandruff, etc.

This is the attitude that makes me crazy. Some people just want to be contrarian. Good use of sarcasm, props to you. Bad use of any actual thought.

Have you been to an actual campus that has a stadium on it? It’s night and day. 

The ridiculousness of a “homecoming game” at Ray Jay is enough to drive me crazy. None of us attended classes at the Ray Jay. I never took an economics class at the Mons Venus. I never had a statistics class at the Burger King on the corner. That area has NOTHING to do with The University of South Florida. 

There is no effing tradition at Ray Jay. There NEVER will be. Plain and simple. God**mn some of you people are really not paying attention to the big picture.

Lee Roy was an incredible man, Jim Leavitt built the program, Skippy nearly destroyed it, Willie got us back and Charlie is the best possible person we could have right now, make no mistake.

Some of you should stick to talking about flamingos, wizards, and Publix subs. Because anyone with any love for the program, and college football in general, could deny the importance of an OCS.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3