• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Opening line for ECU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

8 hours ago, JoeB said:

This is a bad ECU team and I'm not saying we lose but if QF goes 8-20 again or something like that, it will be a closer game than people think.  Something like 35-24.  If our offense plays like it did against Illinois we should be in the 50s.  The last 2 games vs the Pirates have been pretty close, so I have a feeling this won't be as easy as some suggest.

you really think our top 25 defense is going to give up 24 pts to ECU? I don't see it.

Edited by USFBulls12

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

13 hours ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Won't be easy?  Take a look at how many points they have given up.  They are averaging giving up 48 points a game.

And by the way there is nothing wrong with our passing game.  QF had one mediocre game.  He will blow up easily.  Take a look at his career passing numbers sometime.  6,000 passing yards, 52 TD's vs. only 19 INT's  He will be fine.  He might come out and pass for 350 yards vs. ECU, and it wouldn't shock me at all.

I hope this happen, however, I've seen too many times the Bulls go in to games expecting to roll some hapless opponent because they have are giving up X amount of yards or are ranked X in total defense or offense and the game turns out to be closer than expected.  That's all I'm saying.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

3 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I hope this happen, however, I've seen too many times the Bulls go in to games expecting to roll some hapless opponent because they have are giving up X amount of yards or are ranked X in total defense or offense and the game turns out to be closer than expected.  That's all I'm saying.

I can respect that view. I like to believe this team is built a little better than teams of the past. They know what it's like to suck and have to claw their way to respectability. Shoot they're still fighting for respect in Tampa. 

With that in mind, I don't believe they have a "take a win for granted" bone in their bodies because they're not far enough removed from sucking. This team is the real deal andI won't worry until I see QF worry. Then and only then do I think we'll be in trouble. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

1 hour ago, USFBulls12 said:

you really think our top 25 defense is going to give up 24 pts to ECU? I don't see it.

We're top 25 in defensive numbers because we've lpayed 4 teams in the bottom 100 in offensive numbers...

We haven't really been tested yet on D.

That said, I think the D shows up again. I'm far more worried about getting our offensive V8 to run on more than 4 cylinders.

If we get everything tuned up, we should be able to put 1,000 yards on the purple *******.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,584
  • Days Won:  423

1 hour ago, charsibb said:

I'm far more worried about getting our offensive V8 to run on more than 4 cylinders

1,000yds/82 pts a game is kind of a high expectation, isn't it ...?

Nevermind, just realized who I was responding to ....:hippy2:

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, charsibb said:

We're top 25 in defensive numbers because we've lpayed 4 teams in the bottom 100 in offensive numbers...

Agree on the not being tested. However, what do you think last year's defense would have done with these 4 teams? My guess is around 100 which was an improvement from last year.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  225
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, charsibb said:

That said, I think the D shows up again. I'm far more worried about getting our offensive V8 to run on more than 4 cylinders.

If we get everything tuned up, we should be able to put 1,000 yards on the purple *******.

And those bottom 4 in offensive numbers are because they've played teams with good defenses. It's circular, can speculate all day.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  144
  • Days Won:  2

There is an undeniable fact that the talent gap between our rosters right now is huge. We are faster, bigger, stronger, and deeper at every position. Their defense is the worst (outside of SJSU? that we will face all year). If our offense starts humming, we will hang 70 on them. If it sputters, we'll hang 45. The matchup of our Offense vs. their Defense is possibly the worst mismatch all season.

The other matchup (Their offense vs our defense) is really not much better. Our D-Line will create havoc for them. They don't have a super strong running game to begin with, so I feel like they will be relegated to only moving the ball through dink n' dunk. I believe they will have some success moving the ball, but will end up sputtering out on most of their drives or settling for field goals. I also don't see how we manage to come up with fewer than 2 picks in this game. 

All in all, I don't think the line is that far off...

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

2 hours ago, deadudea said:

It's circular

Related image