• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Opening line for ECU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  2

If we bring our A game on offense we could easily get north of 70...ECU gives up 625 yards per game...we could rest QF for the game and still easily cover the spread.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

53 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

And by the way there is nothing wrong with our passing game.  

:lmao:

Sorry, couldn't help it.  I will also ban myself for a few days.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,586
  • Days Won:  423

7 hours ago, JoeB said:

Unless QF gets his act together, we won't cover this spread.  I have a feeling ECU will put up a fight after the way last year's game ended.

Q, and receivers, didn't have acts together for Temple and pretty sure the spread was covered

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

I don't doubt we'll score a ton of points. What concerns me is whether our defense will keep them from also scoring a ton of points.

I have an uneasy feeling that our defense will give up more than what we expect, given their performance against Temple. Not sure we've played a decent offensive team yet. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

1 minute ago, TallyBull said:

I don't doubt we'll score a ton of points. What concerns me is whether our defense will keep them from also scoring a ton of points.

I have an uneasy feeling that our defense will give up more than what we expect, given their performance against Temple. Not sure we've played a decent offensive team yet. 

We have a good defensive game vs temple so now we must suck against one of the worst teams in the country? Can't we just be good at something without having to suck immediately afterwards? You do know there are teams out there who are just good,  and we're one of them. Accept it and be happy!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

11 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

You're not worried about our offense but worried about the defense?  And that ECU might be a decent offensive team?

triplefail.jpg?w=280&h=210&fit=crop

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  153

never take the betting line as some indication of what is about to happen-- all it takes is enough people betting one way to move that number whatever way, as long as it ensures the odds makers get their juice.

Also-- I don't remember USF playing a bad game at ECU in our history. The first two times we played up there, we were their homecoming opponent-- we beat them, and they stopped making us their HC game after that.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I'm starting to lose my doubts on D. In spite of having a couple injuries, they looked great against Temple. Offense...man, offense sputters and puts up 30+ every game. Don't think this one merits any lost sleep.

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

This is a bad ECU team and I'm not saying we lose but if QF goes 8-20 again or something like that, it will be a closer game than people think.  Something like 35-24.  If our offense plays like it did against Illinois we should be in the 50s.  The last 2 games vs the Pirates have been pretty close, so I have a feeling this won't be as easy as some suggest.