• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Opening line for ECU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

The current line is 23 points

The over/under is 79.

So, based on that the score should be: USF 51 ECU 28.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/teams/team-page.cfm/team/south-florida

JK story:

...The breakdown: The Pirates, dead last in Division I in total defense (624.8 ypg)

...Problem is, the Pirates can't run the ball (105.5 ypg -- 115th nationally) or stop the run (274.5 ypg -- 123rd nationally). Fact is, they're the only team in Division I allowing more than 600 yards a game. As if to compound their misery, they rank 119th in the country in turnover margin (minus-1.50).

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/know-the-foe-east-carolina/2338871

• Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

Wow I had no idea how questionable the ECU run defense was until I looked it up:

JMU: 44 att / 422  yds / 9.6 Avg  / 4 TD

@WVU: 47 att / 211 yds / 4.5 Avg  / 3 TD

VA Tech: 62 att / 287 yds / 4.6 Avg  / 3 TD

UConn: 38 att / 190 yds / 5.0 Avg  / 2 TD

• Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

Not trying to drum up a QB controversy but QF's  goal should be to play for Kean. Play good enough for Brett Kean to get into the game for the entire 4th quarter.  ECU is not a good team even compared to the teams  USF has defeated earlier this year

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, Mama_Bull said:

The current line is 23 points

The over/under is 79.

So, based on that the score should be: USF 51 ECU 28.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/teams/team-page.cfm/team/south-florida

JK story:

...The breakdown: The Pirates, dead last in Division I in total defense (624.8 ypg)

...Problem is, the Pirates can't run the ball (105.5 ypg -- 115th nationally) or stop the run (274.5 ypg -- 123rd nationally). Fact is, they're the only team in Division I allowing more than 600 yards a game. As if to compound their misery, they rank 119th in the country in turnover margin (minus-1.50).

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/know-the-foe-east-carolina/2338871

You should use that score for game prediction contest. It makes more since than the scores I pick out of thin air.  

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

22 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

You should use that score for game prediction contest. It makes more since than the scores I pick out of thin air.  

I don't post in the prediction threads.

However, shortly after I posted that, someone predicted almost the identical scores. Of course, that just might have been a coincidence. LOL

Edited by Mama_Bull

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

23 hours ago, Who'sYourData? said:

:lmao:

Sorry, couldn't help it.  I will also ban myself for a few days.

6000 yards 52tds and 19 ints passing. The end

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

22 hours ago, USFBulls12 said:

We have a good defensive game vs temple so now we must suck against one of the worst teams in the country? Can't we just be good at something without having to suck immediately afterwards? You do know there are teams out there who are just good,  and we're one of them. Accept it and be happy!

All I said is that we could give up more points than folks think. Not that we'd lose (although I suppose anything is possible). 

I do think we're good. I'm just not certain than we can keep ECU three touchdowns away from us, that's all. Maybe we can. We'll see!

22 hours ago, NCBull said:

You're not worried about our offense but worried about the defense?  And that ECU might be a decent offensive team?

triplefail.jpg?w=280&h=210&fit=crop

Face palm all you want. ECU looked like a decent offensive team against UCONN. Yes, it's UCONN, I get it. But if our offense is out of rhythm (again) and our defense has an off game (keeping in mind that ECU is better offensively than Temple, and recency bias is a thing), then I could see USF failing to cover 23 points, at ECU. That's all.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

15 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

Face palm all you want. ECU looked like a decent offensive team against UCONN. Yes, it's UCONN, I get it. But if our offense is out of rhythm (again) and our defense has an off game (keeping in mind that ECU is better offensively than Temple, and recency bias is a thing), then I could see USF failing to cover 23 points, at ECU. That's all.

"ECU looked like.." "if our offense is out of rhythm..."  "our defense has an off game..." 

Man, don't think I have seen that much negative speculation in thread since we were #2. Sorry, I am not buying it. 

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

"ECU looked like.." "if our offense is out of rhythm..."  "our defense has an off game..." 

Man, don't think I have seen that much negative speculation in thread since we were #2. Sorry, I am not buying it. 

OK. You win. We'll win 64-14. :icon_drink:

• Upvote 1