• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Opening line for ECU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

3 hours ago, JoeB said:

Unless QF gets his act together, we won't cover this spread.  I have a feeling ECU will put up a fight after the way last year's game ended.

I tend to agree with this.  Even though Taggart is gone, ECU players will remember the end of last years game and be fired up.  This game may be closer than most think.  I know their defense sucks, but every time USF is expected to roll a team based on paper stats, they rarely do.

If the passing game hasn't improved since Temple, USF will have to slog this out with the run game and may very well put over 40 points but it won't be easy.  And ECU has the best passing attack we've seen so far.

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 hours ago, JoeB said:

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Every week someone always creates a post that says "this game will be closer than people think" and guess what...it is a blow out. This will be the case again. They can be pissed off all they like, the bottom line is that our talent level is about three levels higher. Blow out city. 

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Guys, ECU's defense might be the worst defense in the country.  They gave up 34 points to FCS James Madison in a blowout loss, 38 to UConn, who can't score 38 points on a field with no defense.  56 to WVU, and 64 to VT.  That is an average of 48 points a game in a decent sample size.  If we don't score at least 45 points in this game, I would be shocked. 

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210

2 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I tend to agree with this.  Even though Taggart is gone, ECU players will remember the end of last years game and be fired up.  This game may be closer than most think.  I know their defense sucks, but every time USF is expected to roll a team based on paper stats, they rarely do.

If the passing game hasn't improved since Temple, USF will have to slog this out with the run game and may very well put over 40 points but it won't be easy.  And ECU has the best passing attack we've seen so far.

Go Bulls!

Won't be easy?  Take a look at how many points they have given up.  They are averaging giving up 48 points a game.

And by the way there is nothing wrong with our passing game.  QF had one mediocre game.  He will blow up easily.  Take a look at his career passing numbers sometime.  6,000 passing yards, 52 TD's vs. only 19 INT's  He will be fine.  He might come out and pass for 350 yards vs. ECU, and it wouldn't shock me at all.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

Line seems to keep dropping. -23.5 now through CT Technologies. More than happy to let this keep dropping before I bet it. I like the Memphis money line too this weekend. 

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348

We have a pretty strong running game. ECU is ranked 123rd out of 129 teams in defense. Why would it be considered slogging out the game on offense if you are punishing a poor defense with the strength of your offense?  Sounds like a good game plan to me. 

We have averaged 41 points. Why change what's working. I must be missing something. 

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

ECU lost 34-14 at home to James Madison. 26 point opening spread sounds about right to me

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

7 hours ago, JoeB said:

Unless QF gets his act together, we won't cover this spread. 

How dare you accurately portray QF's performance this year!  You must self-impose a three day ban for not extolling the excellence of the greatest football player ever.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1