• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ticket prices

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

1 hour ago, Apis Bull said:
1 hour ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Do you turn off a game on TV because you see empty seats at the game?

He might :)

Nah, but I might turn it off if the team is playing conservative gutless football (see what I did there? :D)

The point is that the advertisers might direct their money elsewhere. Already, when watching streams from ESPN3, it's painful how much deadtime and internal ESPN ads there are for our games. The ad money is going elsewhere - is attendance part of this formula? I don't know, since I don't work for Budweiser, Ford, or GoDaddy, but if I was running an ad campaign, it would be part of the consideration.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Bausfkid said:

I've not seen any data or commentary from anyone who complains about the cost of a ticket.  Perhaps I missed this?  An average ticket of $27.00 for 3 hours of entertainment ($9.00 per hour) is a fantastic bargain.  

Cost is a non-factor.  Fact is people in the bay area just see USF sports / football as something they want to invest in short term or long term.  Leadership needs to figure out why?

I agree it isn't the cost you can get tickets on secondary market or Craigslist from people for cheap tickets if people want to go and not spend alot they can get into the game.   Cost isn't holding back people...not to say I do think they need to market some family packs with some food vouchers or something for the east sideline to get some more people in the stadium. 

I think it is mostly lack of a big win at home..that is what the catalyst was in the past that got us some big crowds for the following home games.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

18 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

I agree it isn't the cost you can get tickets on secondary market or Craigslist from people for cheap tickets if people want to go and not spend alot they can get into the game.   Cost isn't holding back people...not to say I do think they need to market some family packs with some food vouchers or something for the east sideline to get some more people in the stadium. 

I think it is mostly lack of a big win at home..that is what the catalyst was in the past that got us some big crowds for the following home games.

Heard something that is irritating.  USF is trying to get season ticket holders to take advantage of the "season ticket prices" at Ray Jay and they (the Bucs I'm guessing) won't go for it.  So USF is trying to do some things but can't.  I've been in no hurry for an OCS but hearing this did pess me off enough that I'd like to see it sooner rather than later.  And this from a guy who only originally became a donor to take advantage of the Club Access.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Just now, Bourbon Bull said:

Heard something that is irritating.  USF is trying to get season ticket holders to take advantage of the "season ticket prices" at Ray Jay and they (the Bucs I'm guessing) won't go for it.  So USF is trying to do some things but can't.  I've been in no hurry for an OCS but hearing this did pess me off enough that I'd like to see it sooner rather than later.  And this from a guy who only originally became a donor to take advantage of the Club Access.

Sometimes the vendors do sell prices at the season ticket price...I guess they didn't get the memo to screw USF fans.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,342
  • Days Won:  43

3 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

What the heck does “trying season ticket holders to take advantage of season ticket prices” mean?   

What I believe he is saying is that USF already did give vouchers for concessions in the past. They worked out well for us but now Bucs are against giving discounts for concessions as it hurts their revenue. 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, Bourbon Bull said:

This is why I think the Tampa city council that made that criminal give away should be up against the wall.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

5 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

At this point, I'd by fine with adding bleachers for 20k to Corbett stadium throwing in some goal posts, painting the field and calling it a day.  

Playing at RayJay with our current attendance of around 20k is just God awful.  It is killing the image of this program.  Look at Tulane yesterday, they had maybe 12-14k in attendance and it didn't look horrible.  Now compare that same 12-14k sitting in the superdome.

I don't care how it gets done, but we need some type of OCS.  Doesn't have to be elaborate.  COuld be like UCF, Tulane, FAU etc..  Just get the hell out of RayJay!

I wouldn't mind that :P

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Days Won:  1

The ocs is coming but we have to be smart about it. We should build it for 40k with an optional expansion to 70k for big games once we get into a p5 conference. Also must make sure we dont bankrupt ourselves.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

1 minute ago, bullsfan27 said:

The ocs is coming but we have to be smart about it. We should build it for 40k with an optional expansion to 70k for big games once we get into a p5 conference. Also must make sure we dont bankrupt ourselves.

This is the main reason we don't have one yet.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,581
  • Days Won:  29

On 9/23/2017 at 2:35 PM, NewEnglandBull said:

IMG_1820.GIF

The Getaway ... just watched it last week.