• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ticket prices

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,632
  • Days Won:  6

3 hours ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

What the heck does “trying to get season ticket holders to take advantage of season ticket prices” mean?   The have already taken advantage of season ticket prices.

USF’s deal at the stadium with the TSA, not with the Bucs, so how would the Bucs have any say in USF’s ticket policies?

I believe Bourbon is talking about the season ticket holder price column on all of the concessions menus.  I believe everything on the menu is like 10-15% less for season ticket holders.  I remember when the Bucs first put those menu prices up maybe 5-6 years ago (?) at the first Bulls game, the counter people just assumed it applied to Bulls season ticket holders.  When the Bucs found out, they let it go that first year and then all of sudden beginning in the second year it did not apply to Bulls season ticket holders.  I did ask them last week if I showed up at a Bulls game with a Bucs season ticket pass, would they give me the reduced price which resulted in a lot of shrugs and looking at each other!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

8 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

Yes, supply outweighs demand right now.  Yes, lower ticket prices would likely increase attendance.  That's not the question.  The question is would the additional tickets sold make up for the lost revenue by lower the prices for the tickets already sold?  My math before was wrong.

Using number quoted before, here's how it works out (Econ 101):

Currently - 20,000 tickets, average ticket price of $27 = $540,000 in gross revenue

Lower tickets to $26 - $20,000 in lost revenue would require 770 more tickets sold

Lower to $25 - $40,000 in lost revenue, 1,600 more tickets

Lower to $20 - $140,000 lost, 7,000 more tickets

Lower to $10 - $340,000 lost, 34,000 more tickets

One has to weigh the anticipated uptick in ticket sales against the gross revenue.

Also, I'm assuming your last statement was a joke.  If not, you lose any credibility in your argument.

I'm not sure you understand how a tiered pricing system works. They wouldn't lower any of the current season ticket holders prices. It wouldn't cost them any revenue. Obviously we are willing to pay those prices. They would move all of them into the most desirable areas and give them perks like club access. then they could sell 50 yard line seats on sunny side where no one ever sits for $20 per game and work down from there until the lower bowl is filled. That's how they fill airlines. they don't cut everyone's prices in order to fill an airline. they charge less for undesirable seats. People are still willing to pay to sit in first class. Every empty seat is lost revenue. Think if they had sold every unused seat over the years for $10 each how much money they would have. once it goes unused that potential revenue is lost forever.they aren't devaluing their product. they are selling it at market price.

I currently pay over $60 per ticket per game after donations. I gladly pay it because I like club access and sitting in the shade on west side at the 40 yard line. I could save a lot by sitting in a less desirable section and give up club access but i don't and most people won't.

You might be a price conscious buyer but I'm not and most of our donors are not. If they were then they would all sit in cheapest section.

I believe you said you can't afford to go to the games. You are the exact fan they should be trying to bring in by moving current donors from a less desirable section and then filling that section for cheaper prices. Perhaps there are plenty of other fans that can't afford to go. Maybe they could if it was $10 per ticket.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

9 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

I'm not sure you understand how a tiered pricing system works. They wouldn't lower any of the current season ticket holders prices. It wouldn't cost them any revenue. Obviously we are willing to pay those prices. They would move all of them into the most desirable areas and give them perks like club access. then they could sell 50 yard line seats on sunny side where no one ever sits for $20 per game and work down from there until the lower bowl is filled. That's how they fill airlines. they don't cut everyone's prices in order to fill an airline. they charge less for undesirable seats. People are still willing to pay to sit in first class. Every empty seat is lost revenue. Think if they had sold every unused seat over the years for $10 each how much money they would have. once it goes unused that potential revenue is lost forever.they aren't devaluing their product. they are selling it at market price.

I currently pay over $60 per ticket per game after donations. I gladly pay it because I like club access and sitting in the shade on west side at the 40 yard line. I could save a lot by sitting in a less desirable section and give up club access but i don't and most people won't.

You might be a price conscious buyer but I'm not and most of our donors are not. If they were then they would all sit in cheapest section.

I believe you said you can't afford to go to the games. You are the exact fan they should be trying to bring in by moving current donors from a less desirable section and then filling that section for cheaper prices. Perhaps there are plenty of other fans that can't afford to go. Maybe they could if it was $10 per ticket.

I know exactly how a tiered pricing system works, that's why I used the average.  You're assuming that all of the current season ticket holders are going to keep their current tickets when cheaper tickets are available, I'm not so optimistic.  Even so, I don't know if you'll get enough extra tickets sold to offset whatever loss you may get.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 hour ago, Apis Bull said:

I know exactly how a tiered pricing system works, that's why I used the average.  You're assuming that all of the current season ticket holders are going to keep their current tickets when cheaper tickets are available, I'm not so optimistic.  Even so, I don't know if you'll get enough extra tickets sold to offset whatever loss you may get.

Cheaper tickets are available right now for most season ticket holders. You do realize that correct?if they were looking for cheaper tickets they could get them today. I could too. like I said I am not and most season ticket holders are not price conscious buyers. we are willing to pay more to get what we want. yes perhaps the people that sit in the cheapest section might be willing to move but i'd bet they would be moving to a better section for what they currently pay. the people in the orange and brown sections pay about $20 per game per ticket. Move them to the sunny sidelines and charge them the same price . fill that empty section in. nobody wants to sit there at $80 per ticket per game. charge $10 to sit in the endzone. heck charge $7 to sit in upper endzone corners. a family of four could get in for $28.

there are people that sit across the aisle from me that pay $43 more per game per ticket. I could literally touch them from my aisle seat. they could save $43 per ticket per game to move across the aisle. same views. same club section. same shade. They aren't going to move over to the sunny side with no club access to save a few bucks. They won't even move across the aisle to save $300 per ticket for the season.

The problem with your thinking is that you assume we are all price conscious buyers. We aren't.

Edited by Bull94

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

5 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

I believe Bourbon is talking about the season ticket holder price column on all of the concessions menus.  I believe everything on the menu is like 10-15% less for season ticket holders.  I remember when the Bucs first put those menu prices up maybe 5-6 years ago (?) at the first Bulls game, the counter people just assumed it applied to Bulls season ticket holders.  When the Bucs found out, they let it go that first year and then all of sudden beginning in the second year it did not apply to Bulls season ticket holders.  I did ask them last week if I showed up at a Bulls game with a Bucs season ticket pass, would they give me the reduced price which resulted in a lot of shrugs and looking at each other!

Thanks for explaining it better than I did.