• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ticket prices

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

10 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

I'm not preaching anything. Just putting the realities out there. 

The reality is fans don't want to pay $60 to sit on the visitor sideline against a team they dont recognize. The reality is that's where the camera points when we play. The reality is out of market fans don't see our stampede or the home sideline or hear the chants. They see an empty visiting sideline. 

Edited by IBulleve
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

10 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Why be concerned with what out-of-market fans see?  How many of them are potential season ticket buyers?

They are TV viewers, the audience for the advertisers, who are the ones paying ALL the bills.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  76
  • Days Won:  0

What's up BullsPen, let me shed some light on the  current ticket and attendance situation from my perspective. I graduated from USF and I love my school and root for my team and every chance I get.

The problem I have is, I can't buy season tickets even if I wanted to because I have 4 sons that play little league football (TBYFL) and their games always seem to fall around the same time USF play on Saturday's.

Thursday nights is really a no go with the 7:30pm start times which is really more like an  8pm start time because it's a school night for my kids and with the length of the games and travel time back to South Tampa (Interbay) wich is really not that far from RJ, my kids would be getting in bed at 11pm.

Friday night games are better but the problem there is that high school football in Tampa is a big deal and I have nephews that play and my kids and I go to their games. So it's not that I don't want to support my team but with  these non traditional game days It's just a lot easier to DVR it and watch when I get back home. 

To tie this back to the point of the ticket prices I am not sure no price point could solve my issues and I am pretty sure there are a lot of alums in my situation or something similar. Now I make it my goal to try and get to two home games a year on a Saturday that don't conflict with my kids little league football. I think we need to come to a realization that people find it more convenient to watch the games from home not necessarily out of want but out of need.

Edited by HPbull

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

obviously supply outweighs demand. anybody who knows economics knows this means you need to lower prices.have somebody in athletics take a basic econ 101 course.

like I said earlier, shrink donor sections to the most valued sections (ie home side in shade), lower the prices is sections that are in less demand(ie sun side visitors), and fill those sections with casual fans that are willing to pay lower prices.

people pay more to sit in first class on a plane. people would still pay more for better seats and more perks. don't let lower priced single game tickets have club access. make them sit in the sun on visitor sideline.

and to whomever said you can't giveaway your product and then expect people to come back and pay is wrong. ever here of a trial offer? drug dealers give out free samples all the time.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

Here's a scary thought:  What if no matter how cheap you make the tickets, 20-25k show up.  What if you couldn't give away a Thursday night ticket against Temple?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

1 hour ago, Bull94 said:

obviously supply outweighs demand. anybody who knows economics knows this means you need to lower prices.have somebody in athletics take a basic econ 101 course.

like I said earlier, shrink donor sections to the most valued sections (ie home side in shade), lower the prices is sections that are in less demand(ie sun side visitors), and fill those sections with casual fans that are willing to pay lower prices.

people pay more to sit in first class on a plane. people would still pay more for better seats and more perks. don't let lower priced single game tickets have club access. make them sit in the sun on visitor sideline.

and to whomever said you can't giveaway your product and then expect people to come back and pay is wrong. ever here of a trial offer? drug dealers give out free samples all the time.

Yes, supply outweighs demand right now.  Yes, lower ticket prices would likely increase attendance.  That's not the question.  The question is would the additional tickets sold make up for the lost revenue by lower the prices for the tickets already sold?  My math before was wrong.

Using number quoted before, here's how it works out (Econ 101):

Currently - 20,000 tickets, average ticket price of $27 = $540,000 in gross revenue

Lower tickets to $26 - $20,000 in lost revenue would require 770 more tickets sold

Lower to $25 - $40,000 in lost revenue, 1,600 more tickets

Lower to $20 - $140,000 lost, 7,000 more tickets

Lower to $10 - $340,000 lost, 34,000 more tickets

One has to weigh the anticipated uptick in ticket sales against the gross revenue.

Also, I'm assuming your last statement was a joke.  If not, you lose any credibility in your argument.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  307
  • Days Won:  1

45 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Here's a scary thought:  What if no matter how cheap you make the tickets, 20-25k show up.  What if you couldn't give away a Thursday night ticket against Temple?

This is exactly my fear. I think we could have made every seat free on Thursday night and still not drawn 30k. 

Let's be honest. We can nitpick certain prices of different sections but it's not making the extreme difference we are looking for. Maybe optimising prices and marketing helps us draw an extra 5-10%. The real issue is people just don't want to go to games and will find whatever excuse they want.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

At this point, I'd by fine with adding bleachers for 20k to Corbett stadium throwing in some goal posts, painting the field and calling it a day.  

Playing at RayJay with our current attendance of around 20k is just God awful.  It is killing the image of this program.  Look at Tulane yesterday, they had maybe 12-14k in attendance and it didn't look horrible.  Now compare that same 12-14k sitting in the superdome.

I don't care how it gets done, but we need some type of OCS.  Doesn't have to be elaborate.  COuld be like UCF, Tulane, FAU etc..  Just get the hell out of RayJay!

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

1 minute ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Do you turn off a game on TV because you see empty seats at the game?

He might :)

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

I've not seen any data or commentary from anyone who complains about the cost of a ticket.  Perhaps I missed this?  An average ticket of $27.00 for 3 hours of entertainment ($9.00 per hour) is a fantastic bargain.  

Cost is a non-factor.  Fact is people in the bay area just see USF sports / football as something they want to invest in short term or long term.  Leadership needs to figure out why?

• Like 1