• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

9 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

I think UCF should honestly sue/protest for a Split Championship. They have 13 wins and no losses. They beat four top 25 teams USF, Memphis (Twice) and Auburn who beat both BAMA and GA. If Georgia wins with two losses, UCF and the AAC honestly should be in flames at the result of the CFP. Georgia beat ND (by 1), Auburn(Won 1 and lost 1), Miss ST, and OK( which was a great game, yet another team with a loss at the time now two). UCF literally beat a team that beat both of the teams playing for a National Championship and has 13 wins with 0 losses. It pains to say this as a BULLS fan and doesn't care for our most significant rival but they deserved an invite, and the AAC deserves more respect.

I will bet you a million dollars the national champion finishes with 1 loss this year.

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Content Count:  12,330
  • Days Won:  25

I made a mistake GA has one loss.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

UCF’s win is more proof: Group of 5 schools should demand more of the CFP

"...I've shot down arguments for the last month that UCF deserved a spot in this year's College Football Playoff, but Monday's Peach Bowl bolsters the argument that the Group of 5 deserves a spot when the CFP eventually expands to eight.

The Group of 5 should receive one automatic bid to an eight-team CFP to make sure there is at least one program from that level represented..." 

Read more at:

http://www.sunherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/patrick-magee/article192482129.html

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

33 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

I think UCF should honestly sue/protest for a Split Championship.

Logistically, is this possible? I hope it is, and i hope they do. Some good press could come of it.

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

28 minutes ago, theman123 said:

Logistically, is this possible? I hope it is, and i hope they do. Some good press could come of it.

Any settlement they get should go directly to the Planchers.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

34 minutes ago, theman123 said:

Logistically, is this possible?

No. It is not. The CFP committee, and their decision, were willingly agreed to by UCF. What’s their argument? There is no such thing as an objective vote.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

What would be great is if the AP would vote UCF no. 1 (OK, I can't believe I just typed that, it would be terrible as a Bulls fan, but, awesome as a "burn this mother - to the ground" proponent as it relates to the Power 5 BS).

AP gives UCF the national championship while Bama/UGa win the actual championship, still, it would go back to the old days where there could be a split championship.

OH... how many of you have heard something to the effect of "they can play with the big-boys" today? I even heard... "even USF may have been able to beat Auburn" from a Miami fan, followed up with "Miami would have lost to UCF this year... maybe even USF". At the end of the day, we (AAC) are still looked at as a younger sibling to humor rather than a force to reckon with.

Edited by Orlando Bull

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

I think UCF should honestly sue/protest for a Split Championship. They have 13 wins and no losses. They beat four top 25 teams USF, Memphis (Twice) and Auburn who beat both BAMA and GA. If Georgia wins with two losses, UCF and the AAC honestly should be in flames at the result of the CFP. Georgia beat ND (by 1), Auburn(Won 1 and lost 1), Miss ST, and OK( which was a great game, yet another team with a loss at the time now two). UCF literally beat a team that beat both of the teams playing for a National Championship and has 13 wins with 0 losses. It pains to say this as a BULLS fan and doesn't care for our most significant rival but they deserved an invite, and the AAC deserves more respect.

Who exactly would you sue? The AP? Members of the Coaches Poll? Members of the playoff committee??? 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

What would be great is if the AP would vote UCF no. 1 (OK, I can't believe I just typed that, it would be terrible as a Bulls fan, but, awesome as a "burn this mother - to the ground" proponent as it relates to the Power 5 BS).

AP gives UCF the national championship while Bama/UGa win the actual championship, still, it would go back to the old days where there could be a split championship.

Good lord we would never hear the end of it from mousetown. Also, it would further their case of selecting them and not USF if expansion somehow occurred. 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

It may just be me but, Fox's spots page seams to have a lot more going on lately. I'm thinking that entire company is being geared for Live Sports only. If that's the case then theirs your competitor for ESPN.

Edited by Azmodi