• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

9 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

What would be great is if the AP would vote UCF no. 1 (OK, I can't believe I just typed that, it would be terrible as a Bulls fan, but, awesome as a "burn this mother - to the ground" proponent as it relates to the Power 5 BS).

I think the Mad Stan solution you allude to is the only way to handle the P5.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

36 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

It may just be me but, Fox's spots page seams to have a lot more going on lately. I'm thinking that entire company is being geared for Live Sports only. If that's the case then theirs your competitor for ESPN.

Can’t see fox having any room for the AAC. They already have parts of three conf that they cover and now they have a reduction of channels to view them. 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

33 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Can’t see fox having any room for the AAC. They already have parts of three conf that they cover and now they have a reduction of channels to view them. 

Fox dumped all areas that were not producing profits. They now have a ton of readily available cash and no dead weight to hold them back. I think they will be a major player moving forward.

10 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

Fox dumped all areas that were not producing profits. They now have a ton of readily available cash and no dead weight to hold them back. I think they will be a major player moving forward.

Well they better create more channels if they plan on adding the AAC while keeping three other conferences on its network. 

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Well they better create more channels if they plan on adding the AAC while keeping three other conferences on its network. 

This is what Fox has left over; The new 21st Century Fox consists of - Fox Broadcasting, the 28 Fox Television Stations, Fox news and cable channels Fox Sports 1 and 2 as well as the Big 10 network and Fox Deportes. They have space on FS1 and FS2 during football season. Don't forget those 28 Fox Television stations. Yes they gave up their local channels but, they can still become new outlets for local live sports feeds.

8 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

This is what Fox has left over; The new 21st Century Fox consists of - Fox Broadcasting, the 28 Fox Television Stations, Fox news and cable channels Fox Sports 1 and 2 as well as the Big 10 network and Fox Deportes. They have space on FS1 and FS2 during football season. Don't forget those 28 Fox Television stations. Yes they gave up their local channels but, they can still become new outlets for local live sports feeds.

Hope they make a serious run at the conference as we need leverage with Espin 

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Hope they make a serious run at the conference as we need leverage with Espin 

I hope they do and I hope they win. :GoBulls:

I detest ESpin. :icon_drink:

Edited by Azmodi
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

One thing the AAC can try to do is schedule some OOC games with P5 teams at neutral sites, which would be attractive to TV.

For example, UCF could play the winner of the ALABAMA- UGA game to start 2018. I think that would be of great national interest. I'm sure that the games now scheduled with them could be pushed back and those teams could be adequately compensated for the trouble.

A similar neutral site game could be played with USF and either Miami, FSU or Florida and would also be attractive to TV.

The conference needs to think outside the box to get big OOC games between the AAC. 

Edited by Mama_Bull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,545
  • Days Won:  423

8 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

For example, UCF could play the winner of the ALABAMA- UGA game to start 2018. I think that would be of great national interest. I'm sure that the games now scheduled with them could be pushed back and those teams could be adequately compensated for the trouble.

First, the Kanigits would probably get killed. Second, why would UA or UGA have any desire to play that game? Those outside the box things are great but it takes two ....

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

17 minutes ago, Triple B said:

First, the Kanigits would probably get killed. Second, why would UA or UGA have any desire to play that game? Those outside the box things are great but it takes two ....

These neutral site games bring in many MILLIONS of dollars for both teams. There was an article about that earlier in the year. I think it was posted on this board, in a thread dealing with payouts in OOC games.

Besides, since UCF is expected to be ranked next year, they will help the SOS for UGA or Alabama who should be big favorites against them. 

Edit:

I found the article.

"At the much higher end of the scale, Michigan and Florida are each scheduled to get $6 million for participating in Saturday’s Advocare Classic at the Dallas Cowboys’ AT&T Stadium. Alabama and Florida State are each scheduled to get $5 million for playing Saturday night in the first college football game at Atlanta’s Mercedes-Benz Stadium, the second of two opening-weekend games being staged there by organizers of the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2017/08/29/guarantee-games-worth-150-million-college-football-programs/608668001/

Edited by Mama_Bull