• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

5 minutes ago, micron said:

It's nice to think positively about it, but this won't change a thing. This game will be forgotten in a week.

I think you underestimate what a 13-0 season means to the AAC when Auburn beat two of the college playoff teams.

This will be a topic for discussion throughout the off season.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17
  • Days Won:  0

8 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

I think you underestimate what a 13-0 season means to the AAC when Auburn beat two of the college playoff teams.

It will be a topic for a day or two with the talking heads and shows hosts on ESPN/FOX.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I think the win will continue to get discussion during the off season buts let’s face it does it really matter? Is anyone on this board really suggesting the playoffs are going to change anytime soon? Perhaps...but we will all be worm food by then. Once this machine was set up it is tough to change it. 

The AAC is in much better position today than when it originally negotiated its TV deal and Bowl games.

At the least, we can now show that we were very undervalued and deserve a substantial increase in conference revenue and more quality Bowl games.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17
  • Days Won:  0

6 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

The AAC is in much better position today than when it originally negotiated its TV deal and Bowl games.

At the least, we can now show that we were very undervalued and deserve a substantial increase in conference revenue and more quality Bowl games.

Bless your heart.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

The only thing the tv bidders will care about is the number of eyes watching the games. The ucf vs USF game was good but we need about three or four of these in a row. Also that is just one game. Who is watching ECU vs Tulane? I have no idea what the tv numbers are for the past year for the conference but we will need multiple years of people watching to increase the TV contract. 

3 minutes ago, micron said:

Bless your heart.

Well she is right...the AAC does have more value. What that amount is is under question.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,088
  • Days Won:  39

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

The only thing the tv bidders will care about is the number of eyes watching the games. The ucf vs USF game was good but we need about three or four of these in a row. Also that is just one game. Who is watching ECU vs Tulane? I have no idea what the tv numbers are for the past year for the conference but we will need multiple years of people watching to increase the TV contract. 

No one is watching Wake vs Duke either though...

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,653
  • Days Won:  424

2 hours ago, Mama_Bull said:

And a lot of that discussion will be just how motivated Auburn was after beating both those teams but then relegated to a bowl playing against a team that got blown out by Arkansas State in last year's bowl.