• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Running up the score

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

16 hours ago, JTrue said:

Yes and yes.

If you are looking for national exposure and rankings. Correct. We are on the outside of the fence and it is rigged to keep the G5 out. The announcers even said no way a G5 team would get a #2 ranking like we did 10 years ago. You want to build a national program and get the recognition winning the conference doesn't do it. You have to dominate every game to get talked about like the P5 teams due just by the legacy of their conferences.  Like it or not as a G5 team we have to overachieve and bury the opponents who are perceived as weak.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

2 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

If you are looking for national exposure and rankings. Correct. We are on the outside of the fence and it is rigged to keep the G5 out. The announcers even said no way a G5 team would get a #2 ranking like we did 10 years ago. You want to build a national program and get the recognition winning the conference doesn't do it. You have to dominate every game to get talked about like the P5 teams due just by the legacy of their conferences.  Like it or not as a G5 team we have to overachieve and bury the opponents who are perceived as weak.

We should protest the P5. We can come up with a movement and grow it to take down the P5. G5 needs a movement and protests may be what is needed 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Just now, Bull Daly said:

We should protest the P5. We can come up with a movement and grow it to take down the P5. G5 needs a movement and protests may be what is needed 

2016 Payouts:

ACC - $88.5 million

Big 12 - $95 million

Big 10 - $132.5 million

Pac 12 - $101 million

SEC - $101 million

Everybody Else - $83.5 million

...they aren't even going to know we're protesting.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Some on here don't understand that. Winning isn't enough when the odds against us are so long. Each game needs to be a statement.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347
  • Days Won:  0

I feel like strong is gonna be a nice guy and not run it up when we need to. we don't just need to win games we need to win big. 

Such as yesterday - would have been nice to see 50 instead of giving up with Kean in the game.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480

This is a funny topic because the sentiment would probably be an 180 degree turn if this question was asked in a down year.  As long as the context is kept consistently I see no issue with it on a whole though.  That said I really don't think a 30 point victory over SJSU is going to win over any voters compared to a 20 point victory.  If I can see it when a team is running up a score then I believe that people who do this for a living and have votes can see it too.  It might feel good to the winning team's fans but I don't think it accomplishes anything.  If you want to impress the voters with a win over an FBS team, hold them scoreless or a couple FG's at worst and put up a 40 spot.  

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,502

I think the schedule will be more difficult than most imagine and we won't have to worry about "running up the score" in most games.  Most fans will be happy with just a victory.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

On 8/27/2017 at 0:40 AM, BullsFanInTX said:

Willie would have punched in 2 more TDs. 

Charlie won't run up score. Ever. If that means we lose poll points so be it, he won't do it. 

I am ok with that.  In spite of people clutching their pearls in the first quarter, the game was never in jeopardy.  

20 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

I feel like strong is gonna be a nice guy and not run it up when we need to. we don't just need to win games we need to win big. 

Such as yesterday - would have been nice to see 50 instead of giving up with Kean in the game.

Running up the score does not fool anybody.  I would rather have a game like SJST where we overcame adversity.   We got punched in the mouth and rolled off 42 unanswered points.  That is what good teams do.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

21 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Don't anyone be so sure CWT would have run it up, I think he likely would have done the same thing with one big exception: Kean & the second team would have gone in, but he would have given them freedom to score if they could. CCS was content to run out the clock with the run game. IF I'm right about that, I definitely like CWT's philosophy better--use the 2nd team but let them be aggressive.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

Don't forget there was a friendly name on the SJSU coaching staff. I don't think they would want to show him or his staff up.