• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Running up the score

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

3 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

This statement doesn't really jibe too well with statements you made earlier in thread:

why not? I didn't say we shouldn't give our all out best. I didn't say we should resign ourselves to our fate. even if it seems impossible you might as well give it your best.

we have a weak schedule. I'm realistic enough to admit that. we would need a miracle to make the playoffs with this schedule. doesn't mean we shouldn't try.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

3 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

why not? I didn't say we shouldn't give our all out best. I didn't say we should resign ourselves to our fate. even if it seems impossible you might as well give it your best.

we have a weak schedule. I'm realistic enough to admit that. we would need a miracle to make the playoffs with this schedule. doesn't mean we shouldn't try.

Quite often, when someone responds to you, you defend your comments by pointing out what you didn't say.  Just own it:  you called someone out for saying we don't have a shot at the playoffs, but you don't believe we do, either.  So basically, you're just trying to stir the pot.  Most of are realistic about that ... or are we defeatist?  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

18 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

This statement doesn't really jibe too well with statements you made earlier in thread:

Noticed the same thing but I'm passing the baton off to you ...

5 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Quite often, when someone responds to you, you defend your comments by pointing out what you didn't say.  Just own it:  you called someone out for saying we don't have a shot at the playoffs, but you don't believe we do, either.  So basically, you're just trying to stir the pot.  Most of are realistic about that ... or are we defeatist?  

no I called the coach out for not coaching like we have a shot at the playoffs. if that's his mindset then we hired the wrong guy.just like if he doesn't believe we can recruit against the big 3

what I think doesn't mean much really.no I don't think we make the playoffs. I don't think we have the schedule. again my mindset really has no bearing on how this team performs.

But if he doesn't coach like he believes we have a shot then we hired the wrong guy.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

3 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

no I called the coach out for not coaching like we have a shot at the playoffs. if that's his mindset then we hired the wrong guy.

Fair enough.  I respect that opinion, although I disagree that this game has any bearing or implications for us nationally, other than the W we got.  IMO, the goal was to come out here, stay healthy, not show too many cards with the new offense, and get a win.  For the most part, mission accomplished.  

1 minute ago, GaUSFBull said:

Fair enough.  I respect that opinion, although I disagree that this game has any bearing or implications for us nationally, other than the W we got.  IMO, the goal was to come out here, stay healthy, not show too many cards with the new offense, and get a win.  For the most part, mission accomplished.  

I don't believe it will either but I'd like to think Strong understands that style points matter when it comes to making the playoffs. even if it's 1 in a million

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  202
  • Days Won:  0

I think we will put up plenty of points vs stony brook

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

In my opinion, the more important statement to make would have been to hold SJSU to just 16. If it was really important in the big scheme of things, it would have made more sense to keep the #1 D on the field and keep them from scoring again. 

The offense put up 42 points and basically closed it down from there. 

I would have preferred to let the #2 offense just be allowed to run the offense instead of just handing off for a a quarter and a half, but when all is said and done, getting into the CFP is not going to be determined because our coaches refused to throw a hail mary at the end of a half in the first game of the season. 

Edited by usfgrad84
Spelling

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

1 hour ago, usfgrad84 said:

I would have preferred to let the #2 offense just be allowed to run the offense instead of just handing off for a a quarter and a half

Just to be clear, the #2 offense came in with just over 8 minutes to go in the game, not a quarter and a half. 2 drives, first was a 3 and out .... second was a 14 play, 70 yd drive (5yd per play), included a 4th down conversion and game ended on the SJSU 8 yd line. IMO, that was a thing of beauty ...

Edited by Triple B

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

4 hours ago, Bull94 said:

no it won't(because we won't even be considered with our weak schedule) but they do take individual games into account and in the end one game can be the decider. Just ask Penn State

Yes they will, as they create a top 25 poll.  If we stay undefeated, they'll have to consider us each week.  Of course that doesn't mean that they will rank high enough to make the playoffs.  A 20 point win vs a 23 point win will have no bearing on that.