• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Running up the score

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Its more impressive to keep the other team at 0, 3 or 7 points than get get another score or 2 in garbage time 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

4 minutes ago, usfgrad84 said:

Its more impressive to keep the other team at 0, 3 or 7 points than get get another score or 2 in garbage time 

You won't get an argument from me.

Far better to beat the spread and shut them out than beat the spread and both over 30

But - we still need to beat the spread. That's Job One. Not beating the spread will likely cause us to drop in the polls even if we win. At BEST, it will slow our ascent

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Agree about beating the spread. 

Voters are looking for complete teams. Not just offensive productivity. Has to happen in all 3 phases. 

A crappy first quarter of the first game of the season will not hurt us in the long.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

22 minutes ago, charsibb said:

Serious as a heart attack, my friend.

Those on here saying we have no chance at the playoffs are defeatist and just plain wrong. Settling for AAC Championship before we've even lost a game is short-sighted

We do have a chance, albeit a small one, but it requires 13-0, and significantly beating the spread in every game.

Gutless coaching will NOT get us to the playoffs, better to take the chance and miss than to walk away from the chance

The two series at the end of the half and end of the game are IMO worse than the entire first quarter. Shows CCS doesn't have the guts to go for it, nor the knowledge of our G5 political position.

If by some miracle we get to the CFP committee's #5, it won't be only a 3 td win the first game of the season that kept us from the top 4 .... that's kind of a ridiculous thing to ***** about at this point. Personally, I feel that game did more to harm Q's slim Heisman chances than it did to harm our infinitesimal playoff chances but none of the harm is irreparable with a long season ahead ...

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

13 minutes ago, Triple B said:

If by some miracle we get to the CFP committee's #5, it won't be only a 3 td win the first game of the season that kept us from the top 4 .... that's kind of a ridiculous thing to ***** about at this point. Personally, I feel that game did more to harm Q's slim Heisman chances than it did to harm our infinitesimal playoff chances but none of the harm is irreparable with a long season ahead ...

Not irreparable, no. But everything that doesn't move us forward moves us backwards. We don't have the P5 luxury of treading water. Agree it hurt Q's hopes. CCS should be doing everything reasonably possible to pad Q's stats, including throwing for TD's when we're up a bunch of points.

But what's more troubling than not beating the spread is CCS's attitude about not CARING to beat the spread.

He doesn't have the killer instinct. It's his job to score, it's Brennan's job to stop him. He did Brennan's job for him, which makes him undependable, unreliable and gutless.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

7 hours ago, charsibb said:

I'm very angry at CCS for not running up the score.

We dropped from #19 to #20 because we couldn't dominate SJSU.

It's not enough to win. We need to win big - every game - and beat the spread significantly - every game

The goal is the championship - the NATIONAL championship - always was, always will be. And we can't do that without going 13-0 and nearly every game being a huge blowout. ESPECIALLY against an inferior opponent as SJSU

We go undefeated and only make it to #5, we can look back at his game as the reason.

In what poll are you referring to? The two that matter do not report until next week. At the same time we could score 70 points a game and we are not going to make the playoffs. No G5 team will be making the playoffs. The system/ committee will never allow that to happen. 

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

27 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

In what poll are you referring to? The two that matter do not report until next week. At the same time we could score 70 points a game and we are not going to make the playoffs. No G5 team will be making the playoffs. The system/ committee will never allow that to happen. 

man I hate defeatist attitudes. giving up before you even try. sounds like Strong's quote concerning recruiting. we can't beat the big 3 for recruits according to him. There will be a G-5 team to make the playoffs eventually. things will have to fall perfectly for them and they will have to have a stronger schedule than ours but I guarantee it wouldn't happen if they didn't believe it could.

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

man I hate defeatist attitudes. giving up before you even try. sounds like Strong's quote concerning recruiting. we can't beat the big 3 for recruits according to him. There will be a G-5 team to make the playoffs eventually. things will have to fall perfectly for them and they will have to have a stronger schedule than ours but I guarantee it wouldn't happen if they didn't believe it could.

Not defeatist, just reality. With our schedule there was/is ZERO chance we make the playoffs. To think otherwise is right up there with unicorns. Take a look who is on the playoff committee...no way they let us in with our schedule. Indeed, other conferences have less than zero chance because their members have no ranked teams. I guess, anything is "possible" but you are talking about thirty thaings having to occur and almost none of them are realistic. 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Did someone lose money betting on the Bulls?

11 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

Did someone lose money betting on the Bulls?

Not sure if you are referring to me but...no