• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Running up the score

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

48 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Not defeatist, just reality. With our schedule there was/is ZERO chance we make the playoffs. To think otherwise is right up there with unicorns. Take a look who is on the playoff committee...no way they let us in with our schedule. Indeed, other conferences have less than zero chance because their members have no ranked teams. I guess, anything is "possible" but you are talking about thirty thaings having to occur and almost none of them are realistic. 

I don't care if there is a .00001% chance, if you don't believe it's possible and just accept the fact that it won't happen then it never will.  Henry Ford quote "If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right."

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

11 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

I don't care if there is a .00001% chance, if you don't believe it's possible and just accept the fact that it won't happen then it never will.  Henry Ford quote "If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right."

Quote from the Easter Bunny: "there is no such thing as Santa Clause" 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

8 hours ago, Triple B said:

If by some miracle we get to the CFP committee's #5, it won't be only a 3 td win the first game of the season that kept us from the top 4 .... that's kind of a ridiculous thing to ***** about at this point. Personally, I feel that game did more to harm Q's slim Heisman chances than it did to harm our infinitesimal playoff chances but none of the harm is irreparable with a long season ahead ...

If it comes down the SJST game we can always tell them about their experienced offensive line.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I think by the time Flowers exited the game, it was about getting backups experience and getting out of there with no major injuries.  Pretty sure we had several guys go down throughout the course of the game so CCS was probably just ready to wrap it up and get out, knowing that there would be little consequence, poll-wise. 

This week, I think we need to hang 60 points on Stony Brook if we can ... but I would not be willing to keep QF in the game against those guys when the game is out of reach, just to pad stats against an FCS team for a long-shot Heisman candidacy.  Too much risk.  We need QF healthy for conference play the week after, and Illinois after that.  

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

I don't think we will have to "run up the score".

Our offensive coordinator has a pretty good history of top offenses. Though he will probably be a little more run oriented than Taggart was.

http://www.gousfbulls.com/coaches.aspx?rc=890&path=football

Edited by Gismo

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

19 minutes ago, MMW said:

If it comes down the SJST game we can always tell them about their experienced offensive line.

And the chopped up tires spread on the field ...

Just now, Triple B said:

And the chopped up tires spread on the field ...

Good point.  Alabama would have only won by 2 touchdowns playing on that field.

8 hours ago, charsibb said:

But what's more troubling than not beating the spread is CCS's attitude about not CARING to beat the spread.

What's more troubling to me is a coach that CARES about bettors ...

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Gismo said:

I don't think we will have to "run up the score".

Our offensive coordinator has a pretty good history of top offenses. Though he will probably be a little more run oriented than Taggart was.

http://www.gousfbulls.com/coaches.aspx?rc=890&path=football

"run" is the operable word.  If we are running the ball in garbage time and they can't stop us, I don't see that is running up the score.

Throwing downfield and going for it on 4th down just to get style points is running up the score and of little value for playoff consideration IMO.

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

In what poll are you referring to? The two that matter do not report until next week.

The one that matters in this conversation doesn't come out for 2 months ..... This game was a non factor, except, possibly, in that it was an expected,  comfortable win.