• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Asst Coaching changes

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

On 1/11/2017 at 8:08 PM, Dogma said:

Mathies' profile has now been removed.  Sucks, I liked the guy.

Edit: Rumor is Mathies heading to FAU

Demonstrates how much clout he really has (or doesn't have).

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

On 1/12/2017 at 2:49 PM, Ionbull said:

Putting everything aside this must be a crazy business to be apart of. Taggart made the conscience decision to leave USF to further his career knowing that he was only taking a few coaches with him and some may not be retained by a new staff. That has to be a lot of pressure on one guy; to single handedly make a move that alters so many people's lives. I understand that's part of the business and I'm sure finding work isn't impossible just crazy to think about. 

Im caught somewhere between terrified that we aren't retaining much staff from a record shattering offense to elated that we essentially have a power five caliber staff at USF. On paper it looks like every one of these guys is an upgrade on the X's and O's side and st least comparable (if not better) on the crootin' side. 

It just sucks that year 0 is Q's senior year.

THAT is why i went into law

much more stable

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

So I guess we're just waiting on a DL coach?  I wonder if the choice for DL coach is in any way tied to the 5* DL that is visiting in the next couple of weeks.  Hmmm...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  645
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

So I guess we're just waiting on a DL coach?  I wonder if the choice for DL coach is in any way tied to the 5* DL that is visiting in the next couple of weeks.  Hmmm...

That makes a lot of sense now that you mention it. I was actually wondering how we would get a 5* d-linemen without a D-line coach but if they are somewhat linked then that makes sense.

Edited by tampatony
Language

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

5 hours ago, tampatony said:

That makes a lot of sense now that you mention it. I was actually wondering how we would get a 5* d-linemen without a D-line coach but if they are somewhat linked then that makes sense.

That could be a possibility, but sounds like he really respects Coach Strong which is why he is visiting. I'm curious if the staff feels it's a pipe dream and just a courtesy visit or if CCS has some sort of plan to talk about what USF can offer. Everyone seems to think it's a LSU/FSU battle.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

On 1/12/2017 at 5:49 PM, Ionbull said:

Putting everything aside this must be a crazy business to be apart of. Taggart made the conscience decision to leave USF to further his career knowing that he was only taking a few coaches with him and some may not be retained by a new staff. That has to be a lot of pressure on one guy; to single handedly make a move that alters so many people's lives. I understand that's part of the business and I'm sure finding work isn't impossible just crazy to think about. 

Im caught somewhere between terrified that we aren't retaining much staff from a record shattering offense to elated that we essentially have a power five caliber staff at USF. On paper it looks like every one of these guys is an upgrade on the X's and O's side and st least comparable (if not better) on the crootin' side. 

It just sucks that year 0 is Q's senior year.

I'm not sure what is so terrifying about having millions in the bank and signing a new contract somewhere else for even more millions guaranteed.  Worst thing that happens is you are asked to leave with millions.

Terrifying is your company closing up shop and you have no job and no money to feed your kids next week.  That's pressure. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

9 hours ago, Who'sYourData? said:

I'm not sure what is so terrifying about having millions in the bank and signing a new contract somewhere else for even more millions guaranteed.  Worst thing that happens is you are asked to leave with millions.

Terrifying is your company closing up shop and you have no job and no money to feed your kids next week.  That's pressure. 

Kind of like when the head coach you work for takes a new job and leaves you hanging?  Like that?

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

10 hours ago, Who'sYourData? said:

The "and" is important

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6