• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Asst Coaching changes

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

What's the deadline for transferring?

Not funny...

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

Is Kinnan gone or can't he still be retained as an "Offensive Advisor"?

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

25 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

Is Kinnan gone or can't he still be retained as an "Offensive Advisor"?

6 hours ago, 206BULL said:

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233

Thanks 206BULL, I hadn't heard anything about this yet.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

Putting everything aside this must be a crazy business to be apart of. Taggart made the conscience decision to leave USF to further his career knowing that he was only taking a few coaches with him and some may not be retained by a new staff. That has to be a lot of pressure on one guy; to single handedly make a move that alters so many people's lives. I understand that's part of the business and I'm sure finding work isn't impossible just crazy to think about. 

Im caught somewhere between terrified that we aren't retaining much staff from a record shattering offense to elated that we essentially have a power five caliber staff at USF. On paper it looks like every one of these guys is an upgrade on the X's and O's side and st least comparable (if not better) on the crootin' side. 

It just sucks that year 0 is Q's senior year.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159

13 hours ago, Ionbull said:

Im caught somewhere between terrified that we aren't retaining much staff from a record shattering offense to elated that we essentially have a power five caliber staff at USF. On paper it looks like every one of these guys is an upgrade on the X's and O's side and st least comparable (if not better) on the crootin' side. 

It just sucks that year 0 is Q's senior year.

This is why we all need to tap the brakes on 14-0 or even Conference Championship talk.  It's almost an entirely new staff with certainly a new offensive philosophy.  Defense you'd hope has no where to go but up, but with new schemes and MM/RA gone, if Q loses his groove then we could be in trouble.  But it's reasonable to assume CCS is no fool and will adjust to his players...I just don't think that guarantees winning with a nearly complete coaching turnover.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, NCBull said:

This is why we all need to tap the brakes on 14-0 or even Conference Championship talk.  It's almost an entirely new staff with certainly a new offensive philosophy.  Defense you'd hope has no where to go but up, but with new schemes and MM/RA gone, if Q loses his groove then we could be in trouble.  But it's reasonable to assume CCS is no fool and will adjust to his players...I just don't think that guarantees winning with a nearly complete coaching turnover.

The offense is not going to be that different.  Gilbert is a Briles disciple. Taggart based his offense on Briles.  There is a correlation and familiarity. I expect Gilbert to make Flowers better and expand the playbook beyond what it was this season.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  2,330
  • Content Count:  21,289
  • Days Won:  10

In the Bradenton article this was announced.   Sorry to see Kinnan not be retained.  I think he probably had a lot of high school coach contacts in the Tampa Bay and larger area. 

The school also announced Mike Giglio as its new director of player personnel. He replaces David Kelly.

• Topic Count:  161
  • Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, Bullrush33 said:

The offense is not going to be that different.  Gilbert is a Briles disciple. Taggart based his offense on Briles.  There is a correlation and familiarity. I expect Gilbert to make Flowers better and expand the playbook beyond what it was this season.

I don't think it will happen (like Willie's garbage offense the first two years) but if Gilbert's plays aren't working I would say bring old Joe back for some more consulting work. BTW, Willie should be paying Joe some big coin this year for his input on the Gulf Coast Offense so Willie could get the Oregon job. If you think about it, Gilbert has been successful two or three years longer than Willie in the spread and he learned from the Spread Master, Art Briles. I think Gilbert is the real deal and we will continue the streak of 30+ points per game through the regular season in 2017. In the Peach Bowl we might only score 28 :)

Edited by Atlanta Bull
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

On 1/11/2017 at 11:08 PM, Dogma said:

Mathies' profile has now been removed.  Sucks, I liked the guy.

Edit: Rumor is Mathies heading to FAU

His move to FAU confirmed by his twitter account.

https://twitter.com/CoachMathies